Goodbye Maggie (not that Maggie)

Started by DrSnide, March 31, 2014, 11:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSnide

Tomorrow, after a long painful weekend, we are ending the suffering of our 12 year old black lab Maggie.  She was the second dog we got and she ruled the pack easily earning her nickname, princess.  

Nothing broke my heart more than my twin six foot two, tough guy, 16 year old sons laying on the floor next to her tonight and sobbing as they said their goodbyes.  And my wife has to say goodbye to the only other girl in the house ( with one husband, three sons, and male golden retriever and yellow lab). Its going to be a rough week.

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

imnofish

Sorry for your loss, but thankful that she was such a wonderful member of your family for so long...
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Sorry to hear your loss DR. Man that has to be tough and thanks to you I know I will not be the only one being sad when my big boy goes.

Hope your doing alright!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TomM

Sorry.
My thoughts are with all of you...
It's a very hard time.
Tom
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

One of the toughest days of one's life is to say goodbye to such a great friend.

You're quote says it all, though.

In the end, the old girl was loved and had a great home, I'm thinking.

Gave a good dog a great life.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

Doc, I just seen this, Dang tough to put down your best friend....I had to do it 2 times now...Dang it hurts!...by now the pain should be starting to go...good luck with the new pup...I know I got one right away... ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Doc sorry to here that last spring I had to put down my 14 year old hunting companion that was a huge part of our family for those 14 years. His pain and suffering had reached a point of no return. The sadness... this too will pass...... :'(