and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on March 26, 2014, 09:02:33 PM
Good choice... ;)

umm what this is old old news but you are so sheltered you had to wait for the Union news letter to find this out?  ::)

by the way the Unions are allot like the NRA in fact so much so it is funny......brotherhood, fight together for the good it's members, helping to mold policy and law for the benefit of the members........ummm so maybe the NRA is not so bad unless you feel the same way about Unions........ ;D

MarkK

They should be paid the same amount as a research assistant.    Lots of colleges get lots of Big Pharmy money and pay their research assistants.  I think that would be fair.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Handles II

Huh. I never got a pension and better pay and insurance from joining the NRA.  Quite dissimilar ramjet, but keep living in your pretend world.

wraslfan

Quote from: Handles II on March 26, 2014, 09:37:29 PM
Huh. I never got a pension and better pay and insurance from joining the NRA.  Quite dissimilar ramjet, but keep living in your pretend world.
I never got better pay from joining a union, I got better pay working for a non union company. Their tactics and philosophies are almost identical, Handles, it's a great example. Nothing pretend about it. Unions lobby and support democrats, NRA lobby and support Republicans. (There are exceptions to the rule for both...but a good summary of the two) Thanks Ramjet for making the comparison. Maybe it will open some really closed minds on here. 

Handles II

Quote from: wraslfan on March 26, 2014, 09:44:00 PM
I never got better pay from joining a union, I got better pay working for a non union company. Their tactics and philosophies are almost identical, Handles, it's a great example. Nothing pretend about it. Unions lobby and support democrats, NRA lobby and support Republicans. (There are exceptions to the rule for both...but a good summary of the two) Thanks Ramjet for making the comparison. Maybe it will open some really closed minds on here. 

But you would never get any pay from joining the NRA fan, so once again, quite dissimilar.

wraslfan

Quote from: Handles II on March 26, 2014, 09:50:21 PM
Quote from: wraslfan on March 26, 2014, 09:44:00 PM
But you would never get any pay from joining the NRA fan, so once again, quite dissimilar.
You pay your union to represent you, Handles pays the NRA to represent him. Perfect example. NRA sends 90% of their money to republicans, Unions send 90% of their money to democrats. Another prefect comparison. The NRA is much cheaper thant a union, it's all relative.

DrSnide

Quote from: MarkK on March 26, 2014, 09:36:52 PM
They should be paid the same amount as a research assistant.    Lots of colleges get lots of Big Pharmy money and pay their research assistants.  I think that would be fair.

My contention has always been that if we are goung to keep our current colege athletic system, college athletes should be paid like other work study students who provide services to the University.  Maybe in lieu of scholsrships?
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

crossface21

This won't be good for wrestling.

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on March 26, 2014, 09:11:30 PM
Good choice... ;)

umm what this is old old news but you are so sheltered you had to wait for the Union news letter to find this out?  ::)

by the way the Unions are allot like the NRA in fact so much so it is funny......brotherhood, fight together for the good it's members, helping to mold policy and law for the benefit of the members........ummm so maybe the NRA is not so bad unless you feel the same way about Unions........ ;D

NRA is a lobby. Unions are groups of workers; not just lovers of a particular hobby or hardware.

I know this post falls on your deaf ears; but people who can't differentiate a lobby from a union must be a little out of whack. I guess it's redundant to say.  :)

I never heard all this brotherhood crap my entire time in the union. But, keep comparing apples to mushrooms. It is entertaining.

Nothing against the NRA; but hobby v. work is a big difference.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

I get all sorts of benefits and just like Unions the NRA is politically issue driven organization with lobbyists.

ummm the parallel is uncanny really. 

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on March 27, 2014, 06:41:54 AM
Quote from: ramjet on March 26, 2014, 09:11:30 PM
Good choice... ;)

NRA is a lobby. Unions are groups of workers; not just lovers of a particular hobby or hardware.

I know this post falls on your deaf ears; but people who can't differentiate a lobby from a union must be a little out of whack. I guess it's redundant to say.  :)

I never heard all this brotherhood crap my entire time in the union. But, keep comparing apples to mushrooms. It is entertaining.

Nothing against the NRA; but hobby v. work is a big difference.

oh so wrong G the NRA supports many many many 100,000 of hard working folks who's rights would have been stripped by politicians economic impact of the shooting and gun industries is huge this brotherhood of like thinking folks has strength in numbers and it's membership............brotherhood

wraslfan

BigG, unions are certainly as big a lobbiests as the NRA. I would guess a lot more money goes to the democrat party from unions than the NRA gives to republicans. I get what you are saying, but there are many similiarities as well. Just from opposite ends of the political spectrum.

ramjet

Quote from: wraslfan on March 27, 2014, 06:55:00 AM
BigG, unions are certainly as big a lobbiests as the NRA. I would guess a lot more money goes to the democrat party from unions than the NRA gives to republicans. I get what you are saying, but there are many similiarities as well. Just from opposite ends of the political spectrum.

well Fan actually my Union gives to both parties any politician that supports the ideals and best interest of our brotherhood.

Did you Fan that my Organization actually provides training and safety training for its members and families they make the work place safer by providing training that financed through membership dues....... ;D

maggie

Lol...common fan, tell me what you did non union that paid you more than a union pays it's workers...I don't happen to believe ya... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY