"Watch out, here we come"

Started by BuckyMatt, March 21, 2014, 07:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuckyMatt

imnofish

He's right about that!  Great Badger potential over the next few years!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

onwisconsin

Lets get 4 more wins tonight

onwisconsin

hammen

Although not where they wanted to be, still only 1/2 point out of 11th after tonight's session. A very young team with a lot of promise. Taylor definitely didn't finish where he wanted, Rylan was in position to beat a very game senior from PSU, and Connor was within 30 seconds of coming on top of a returning finalist to become an AA. Zeke will come back for his 7th place match and Tyler will look to end his historic badger carrer as an NCAA champion. Proud of this young team and the way they wrestled. Only upward from here on out. Let's go Zeke and TG!

Musky Hunter

Quote from: hammen on March 21, 2014, 11:15:02 PM
Although not where they wanted to be, still only 1/2 point out of 11th after tonight's session. A very young team with a lot of promise. Taylor definitely didn't finish where he wanted, Rylan was in position to beat a very game senior from PSU, and Connor was within 30 seconds of coming on top of a returning finalist to become an AA. Zeke will come back for his 7th place match and Tyler will look to end his historic badger carrer as an NCAA champion. Proud of this young team and the way they wrestled. Only upward from here on out. Let's go Zeke and TG!

A huge step forward.  RT and Zeke had a great leader in Graff.  I pray he does work tonight!!!!  He deserves it. 

mkm13

The young guys showed a lot of promise and Graff has looked great.  The only senior we lose next year who got us points at NCAAs is Graff.  Obviously, you can't just replace a guy like Graff, but with the younger guys continuing to progress and Thielke likely moving to his best weight (133), we should be about just as good next year. 

125 - Taylor - possible AA
133 - Thielke - possible AA. Combine the fact that 8 of the top 10 guys at 33 graduate this year, the way Thielke was wrestling at the end of the year, and him not being undersized at 33, I think he will be in the AA mix.
141 - Crone - Not sure what to expect but hope he can qualify for NCAAs.
149 - Lubeck - Top 20.  He looked very tough at the end of the year
157 - Jordan - AA
165 - Liegel - Need better results at this weight next year, whoever steps up, hope they can qualify for NCAAs.
174 - Iczkowski/Stilling/Cousins - This could be a weaker weight.  Hope someone steps up.
184 - Robertson - Hope he can be top 20 next year.
197 - McCall - Hope he can continue to improve and be a top 20 wrestler.
285 - Medberry - possible AA.  He was right there this year.  Hope he can gain 10 lbs of muscle this offseason. 

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

BuckyMatt

imnofish

I expect at least one of next year's freshmen recruits to step up big time.  Don't forget about them.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

mkm13

Quote from: imnofish on March 22, 2014, 11:01:50 AM
I expect at least one of next year's freshmen recruits to step up big time.  Don't forget about them.

I was assuming they were all going to redshirt.  Christensen seems like he would be the most ready to step in based on his accomplishments, but with Robertson potentially stepping in at 84 I assumed he would redshirt.  If Christensen could make 74 next year, that would certainly eliminate a potential weak weight.  Considering he wrestled this year at 182, not sure that would be an option.

The other option would be for Jimenez to step in at 125 with Taylor moving up to 133 and Thielke staying at 141, but I don't see Thielke wanting to stay at 141 with his Greco weight being 130 (I know weigh ins are different, but that is too big of gap).  I am not sure Thielke can gain the 5-10 lbs of muscle he needs for 141 and still make 130 for Greco.

hammen

Quote from: mkm13 on March 22, 2014, 11:50:55 AM
Quote from: imnofish on March 22, 2014, 11:01:50 AM

I was assuming they were all going to redshirt.  Christensen seems like he would be the most ready to step in based on his accomplishments, but with Robertson potentially stepping in at 84 I assumed he would redshirt.  If Christensen could make 74 next year, that would certainly eliminate a potential weak weight.  Considering he wrestled this year at 182, not sure that would be an option.

The other option would be for Jimenez to step in at 125 with Taylor moving up to 133 and Thielke staying at 141, but I don't see Thielke wanting to stay at 141 with his Greco weight being 130 (I know weigh ins are different, but that is too big of gap).  I am not sure Thielke can gain the 5-10 lbs of muscle he needs for 141 and still make 130 for Greco.

It wouldn't surprise me to see RT go 141 with Jesse at 133, but most likely we'll have another year with RT at 125.

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

mkm13

Quote from: Ghetto on March 22, 2014, 02:49:53 PM
Quote from: BuckyMatt on March 22, 2014, 09:15:32 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on March 22, 2014, 09:12:55 AM
Crone won't see 141 IMO.
Why?  Too big already?

Yes

If that is the case, that will make 141 an interesting weight next year.  Not sure who else would be ready to step in there at the big 10 level..unless Thielke stays there.  That would also create a bigger log jam at 149 (Lubeck, Ruschell, and Crone)..unless Jordan moved up to 165 and one of them could move to 57.

AlterEgo

Might have to move guys arounuaand put Cavaleris or Graheck (if he can stay at 41)in depending on matchups. They can win duals by not giving up bonus points and getting solid wins from guys that should.