Badger Updates

Started by stbird, March 20, 2014, 08:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaguarwrestler

Lubeck goes 2-2 with an OT loss and a 1 point loss... not bad...
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Gutwrench

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 21, 2014, 01:51:26 PM

I've been VERY impressed with Lubeck the past several weeks.  The cat is a scrapper.  Another young'un to look forward to watching the next several years.

billymurphy

Thanks to the Tyler Graff and Company, the Badgers continue to rack up points and are ahead of rival Michigan.
Team Scores
1.    Penn St.    61.0
2.    Minnesota    59.0
3.    Oklahoma St.    56.0
4.    Iowa    42.5
5.    Cornell    39.5
6.    Ohio St.    38.0
7.    Edinboro    30.5
7.    Virginia Tech    30.5
9.    Illinois    30.0
9.    Oklahoma    30.0
11.    Missouri    28.5
12.    UNI    26.5
13.    Wisconsin    23.5
14.    Michigan    19.0
15.    Lehigh    18.0
15.    Northwestern    18.0
17.    Iowa St.    16.0
17.    Nebraska    16.0
19.    Indiana    15.5
19.    Pittsburgh    15.5
21.    Old Dominion    15.0

npope

What happened at the end of Medbery's match to where McMullin picked up a point in the waning seconds?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

onwisconsin

Thought Connor lost 2-3.   Didn't know there was anything at the end.    Very close to getting a TD a couple of times.  Wished Connor would not have left position he was in when McMullan got his TD.     

Good season Connor.   10-15 more pounds of muscle and watch out everyone next year.   

npope

According to Track, they were both on their feet and the score was 1-1 with 30 seconds left. Somehow McMullin got another point. Stalling on Medbery? Somehow a point was awarded in that situation and I don't know what happened.

Nat Pope

onwisconsin

No Nat,

I watched it.    Connor gave up a TD and then he got an escape.    Lost 2-3

imnofish

Sometimes the track score updates get a little funky.   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

npope

Quote from: onwisconsin on March 21, 2014, 09:25:36 PM
No Nat,

I watched it.    Connor gave up a TD and then he got an escape.    Lost 2-3

Ahh, okay - thanks.

Nat Pope

npope

And Green destroys Jordan 15-0?? Yikes! How does that happen?

So Graff going for the championship and Jordan going for 7th?

Nat Pope

hammen

Correct.

Started with a double by Green that was defended well by Zeke but then Green converted on the edge and had a hip tilt Dang near the carpet, so started 5-0 about a minute in. Zeke exposed himself a little more tiring to come back and Green was hip tilting and got in on a double leg and tilt to end it. A 5-0 lead at this 157 class is basically a match-ender if your name isn't Dylan Ness, so Zeke opened up way more than he probably wanted to. He will wrestle for 7th and is an AA as a freshman. Still pretty impressive, being Tyler became only the 4th 4x AA in Badger history. Zeke is on pace to be the 5th.

stbird

Totally agree!  I love watching Lubeck.  He will be a serious threat next year after tasting success!  He could have easily been one of the huge surprises in the tourney if he had won that OT match with Sakaguchi.  He's all about the offense.  I love it!

Quote from: Gutwrench on March 21, 2014, 02:38:07 PM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 21, 2014, 01:51:26 PM

I've been VERY impressed with Lubeck the past several weeks.  The cat is a scrapper.  Another young'un to look forward to watching the next several years.

harley

Can Lubeck get down to 41 if Thielke goes 33?

billymurphy

My impression of this years NCAA tournament is just how tough Minnesota was in the upper weights.  They had total studs, one after another.
Penn State being even better.  The Badgers finished in 16th place and 8th best in the Big Ten(7th place at the Big Tens-Northwestern moved ahead of us at nationals).
Time to start thinking about next years lineup!  WI will have a good dual meet team but it will depend on Jordan to make the team competitive at nationals
and Medbery will have a good shot at moving up the pecking order at Heavyweight.  Taylor and Lubeck appear to have solid careers ahead of them.  I sure hope Ryan Christensen is ready to
perform early in his career, as he was this years highest rated blue chip recruit.  Robertson should be ready to go next season.

Team Scores
1.    Penn St.    109.5
2.    Minnesota    104.0
3.    Oklahoma St.    96.5
4.    Iowa    78.5
5.    Edinboro    62.0
6.    Ohio St.    57.0
7.    Cornell    53.0
8.    Virginia Tech    49.0
9.    Northwestern    46.0
10.    Oklahoma    45.0
11.    Nebraska    43.5