Badger Updates

Started by stbird, March 20, 2014, 08:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stbird

Huge pin for Medberry!  Way to go big boy!  Way to avenge previous defeat!  Taylor back in form!  Nice win over a tough opponent!

Badgers move from 10th to 9th!  Glad to see Morrison go down to Brewer.  Morrison would have been a tough out for Graff.  Things are looking good.  We need some more wins in the wrestlebacks!  Go Badgers!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Lubeck wins 12-3, Badgers in 8th place...
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

stbird

Awesome job Lubeck!  Kid is tough and almost beat Sakaguchi.  Big time upside for Lubeck!  Solid AA finish should be his goal for next year!  Not a terrible draw tomorrow.   Has he beat Grothus this year?  No doubt he can with a good match. 

npope

Quote from: stbird on March 20, 2014, 08:38:32 PM
Awesome job Lubeck!  Kid is tough and almost beat Sakaguchi.  Big time upside for Lubeck!  Solid AA finish should be his goal for next year!  Not a terrible draw tomorrow.   Has he beat Grothus this year?  No doubt he can with a good match. 

No, but he was knocking on the door at the B1G when they wrestled.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Scott Liegel loses 12-3 to end his NCAA tourney run...

It was a pleasure to watch you battle the last couple of years and make it to the NCAA's this year...

Kirk Nelson

woody53

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 20, 2014, 09:03:22 PM
Scott Liegel loses 12-3 to end his NCAA tourney run...

It was a pleasure to watch you battle the last couple of years and make it to the NCAA's this year...

It was a true pleasure to watch you all the way through your amateur career.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Jackson Hein loses 7-1 ... and ends his Badger career as a two time NCAA Qualifier... a true leader for the team ...
Kirk Nelson

stbird

Dang, Liegel and Hein go down.  Badgers still holding tough in 8th.  We need to score points tomorrow big time!  

stbird

Shane Hughes wins in the wrestlebacks!

mkm13

UW will have a lot of tough matchups today.
Taylor has Cox, then Dance/Youtsey, then likely Lambert to AA.  I would like to say Taylor is just a step above all 3, but all 3 will be tough matches as well.  Hope he can go on a run.
Graff has Brewer.  If he wins he will get a rematch with Colon.  Ramos has not been overly impressive in his 2 wins so far.
Lubeck has Grothus..who is ranked top 15.  Grothus is good, but with how well Lubeck is wrestling he could pull it off.
Jordan has Miller..who he lost a close one to earlier in the year. 
McCall has Bonaccorsi..who will be tough but can be beat if he wrestles well.
Medberry has Nelson.  If he loses to Nelson he will likely have to face McMullan.  Hope he can get one of those to AA...both very tough...

hammen

Nice breakdown. RT definitely has a really tough road. The match with Cox will be high scoring for sure. If he comes out on top of that one, the next 2 aren't stopping him.

Rylan looks great! Such an impressive performance he has put on thus far. I believe the dual came down to the last few seconds in a 1 point match. A win here would definitely hurt Iowa in the team race as well - so let's go Rylan!

Graff should roll. Zeke's match will be a fun one. Timmy can get it done. If Connor gets to the offense like he did against Felix, he can beat either of those two.

Interesting note: Sueflohn will likely have to go through Villalonga and then Grajales to AA. Rutt will have to go through Boley right away this morning, then the winner of Atwood/Polizzi and then the loser of Gadson/Schiller in order to AA.

hammen

He has had that leg fully taped most of the year. I'm not sure on the exact initial injury that warranted the taping, but I don't think it's anything serious.

mkm13

I agree it is great to see Lubeck wrestling so tough.  Looking forward to see him finish up this year as well as watching him progress over the next 3 years. 

jaguarwrestler

can't get the cameras working on espn3
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Taylor wins 11-7 and Graff wins 9-6 !!!!!!!!!!!
Kirk Nelson