Biggest Upsets in 1st Round!!!!! Keep adding as needed.

Started by theunionchair, March 20, 2014, 12:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNbadger

I did not see this match but was told Ness was up 3-0 or 2-0 then the scramble.  Can anyone confirm?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: MNbadger on March 21, 2014, 02:15:26 PM
I did not see this match but was told Ness was up 3-0 or 2-0 then the scramble.  Can anyone confirm?

I believe he was down 2-0, Green riding trying to turn, scramble Ness on his back, Ness hit the elevator and it was over.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

HMsDad

Green got greedy while getting bp tried for a pin. Ness won the scramble with a Ness elevator and put him on his back.

jaguarwrestler

I swear Ness could lose to anyone in the top 6 and also pin anyone in the top 6
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Out of Nowhere

Green looked scared of the elevator on every one of his shots in the first and didn't convert on any of them.  Ness ended up getting a takedown at end of 1st to go up 2-0.  Green started down in 2nd and got a reversal after a scramble.  At the end of the scramble Green looked like he was putting Ness to his back when Ness hit his elevator to flip Green to his back and pin him.

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

vsmf2010

Everything mentioned about the Green/Ness match so far is wrong. If you watch the interview afterward Ness tells you what happened. He said "It was magic"

leg turk

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 21, 2014, 03:26:47 PM
Everything mentioned about the Green/Ness match so far is wrong. If you watch the interview afterward Ness tells you what happened. He said "It was magic"
Only one magic man wrestling tonight.

Ghetto

Ness is crazy dangerous! Green wasn't in a bad spot. I don't know how you toss a kid from your butt, but Ness can do kids from anywhere.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

digimon

Hey stbird......   Rd 2 and beyond...... The Gophers must be eating right to be NOW sitting in 1st place prior to the finals. They wrestled awesome in the AA round. Thorn, Zilverberg, Storley, and Schiller all with a win. A Ness and Nelson win and I think Minnesota wins it all.

Badger_Fan

Quote from: digimon on March 22, 2014, 01:35:12 PM
Hey stbird......   Rd 2 and beyond...... The Gophers must be eating right to be NOW sitting in 1st place prior to the finals. They wrestled awesome in the AA round. Thorn, Zilverberg, Storley, and Schiller all with a win. A Ness and Nelson win and I think Minnesota wins it all.

http://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/tournament_team_score.php?id=11&type=team

npope

If I understand it correctly, a win in the final picks up four points (not counting any bonus points). Both MN and PSU have two finalists. The PSU guys are big favorites - Taylor may even pick up bonus points. MN will have to get lucky to win both of their final matches. It looks like PSU has plenty of fire power standing ready to make up the current 3.5 point deficit. Gonna be an interesting night.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

billymurphy

Minnesota has the 2 1/2 point lead.  A win in the finals is worth 4 points with up to 2 points bonus for a pin.  I think that is how it goes.
But I agree, Minnesota controls their own fate unless Taylor and Ruth both were to get pins/tech falls.

digimon

Yes.......  The Gophers fell short in the finals. Penn St. crowned two champions and the Gophers went 0-2. Penn State is impressive year after year. The Gophers aren't too shabby. 7 AA with 2 finalist. The Dardane brothers didn't have a good NCAA tourney. Those points would have been huge, but so many other Gophers wrestled and placed higher than their seeds. That's great effort and great coaching. Another top 5 finish for the Gophers ! Congrats to the coaching staff and all the wrestling team members.

stbird

Looks like the Gophers went back to the dog food diet!  hehehehe  If the Dardanes bros had done anything the Gophers win this going away.  Of all the gophers I'm most happy for Zilverberg.  That guy has such heart and after all these years of being the goat he finally put it all together and from nowhere makes it to be an All American.  Really happy for him.  Dardanes need to do something different.  They have wrestled exactly the same since their freshmen year.  I don't think anyone is afraid of them anymore kind of like the Hawkeyes.  Pounding on the head without ever attempting a shot seems to be the new style these days.  Lots of guys lost that way this year.  At some point you have to have an offense.  It worked for Ramos barely only because Tyler didn't shoot either.  I'm getting really tired of watching that type of wrestling.  Give me Ness, Dieringer, Garrett, Green, Delgado, Stieber, Retherford anyday. 

Quote from: digimon on March 22, 2014, 01:35:12 PM