Let's Shock the World Badgers !!

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, March 20, 2014, 09:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

I truly believe the Badgers have a great opportunity to get some impressive wins at the NCAA's this year.

Getting 8 to the championships is great !!  Let's get some All-Americans, and who knows, perhaps a champ (or two) !!

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

stbird

Man, bad start for the Badgers!  Taylor just got stuck early by Germaine!  WTH?  He's got a long march back to third.  I hope he's ready!

npope

Ouch!!! Germaine had a pretty solid record and EMU wrestles some decent competition - but still...
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

stbird

47 seconds no less!

Quote from: npope on March 20, 2014, 11:59:27 AM
Ouch!!! Germaine had a pretty solid record and EMU wrestles some decent competition - but still...

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson

DocWrestling

He was not worn out like Lubeck so lots left in the tank.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

theunionchair

OK, I can understand it now after reading Germaine's bio on the EMU website. Germaine is a well-seasoned 5th-year senior. Criminal Justice major so he wants to be a cop and knock some guys down, even at 125lbs.  Looks like he is well on his way.

Long road back for Taylor, but he has had a good run over the last month to do it.

npope

Medbery has Felix next - time for Connor to win one of these close ones against the top tier heavies.

Nat Pope

stbird

The McCall win was a pleasant surprise!  Taylor looks to have real good odds to place but he needs to not get pinned in the first minute again. 

npope

After looking at the general lay of Taylor's bracket from here on out he has his work cut out for him. He's going to have to get through either Cox (WY) or Clark (IA) (both seeded in the tourney) to even get to the round of 12. That one was not a good one to lose for Taylor - but he would have to eventually beat guys like Clark and Cox to place anyway...

Nat Pope

Gutwrench

Quote from: npope on March 20, 2014, 03:08:23 PM
After looking at the general lay of Taylor's bracket from here on out he has his work cut out for him. He's going to have to get through either Cox (WY) or Clark (IA) (both seeded in the tourney) to even get to the round of 12. That one was not a good one to lose for Taylor - but he would have to eventually beat guys like Clark and Cox to place anyway...

He may have his work cut out for him, but I think it's certainly possible.  Looking at his brackets, making some assumptions, here's what it looks like to me:
Next match is vs. Jeske from Old Dominion....Taylor has already beat him
After that is the loser of Cox v. Clark....Taylor beat Clark at B1G relatively handily.  Either guy will probably be a tough match, but Taylor should win.
After that maybe Youtsey from Michy or Dance from Virginia Tech...Taylor's beat Youtsey already
After that maybe Patterson from Oklahoma or Magaludis from PSU

This is the likely path to the top 8

theunionchair

Quote from: Gutwrench on March 20, 2014, 04:16:00 PM
Quote from: npope on March 20, 2014, 03:08:23 PM

He may have his work cut out for him, but I think it's certainly possible.  Looking at his brackets, making some assumptions, here's what it looks like to me:
Next match is vs. Jeske from Old Dominion....Taylor has already beat him
After that is the loser of Cox v. Clark....Taylor beat Clark at B1G relatively handily.  Either guy will probably be a tough match, but Taylor should win.
After that maybe Youtsey from Michy or Dance from Virginia Tech...Taylor's beat Youtsey already
After that maybe Patterson from Oklahoma or Magaludis from PSU

This is the likely path to the top 8

Thanks, Gutwrench! Made it a lot easier to be hopeful!  Go Badgers!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Graff wins 10-5, Jordan wins 3-1 SV
Kirk Nelson

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson