3rd place call ins

Started by crash82, March 17, 2014, 08:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash82

Can somebody please tell me when the 3rd place call ins to fill brackets usually go out?  Thank You.

aarons23

I pretty sure they already happened.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Gilbe

2toppers

Last year my boy got his call, Monday night at almost 9:00pm

JeffJones

Most are done already but still have 20 some to go

Jeff Jones
WWF State Tournament Director

dozer

Has there ever been a third place wrestler called up and then ended up winning the state bracket? That would be pretty cool!
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson

iceman73

Not sure about a first place finish, but in 2012 a very nice young man from LAW was 3rd at his regional and finshed 2nd in my sons bracket at the state tournament.

crash82

we did end up getting a call on Monday, thanks for all the info

tyben

Our club has a kid that tied for first and ended up 3rd on criteria, it was a four man and bracket. There was at least one other regional that had only one kid at the same weight so I would assume they would try to fill the state bracket? Was thinking he had a good chance at a call but didn't get one. Does anyone know how they pick who to call?  Also think that they should eliminate round robin at regionals, it created quite a mess with 3 kids going 2-1 and using a tie breaker criteria.

padre

Quote from: tyben on March 22, 2014, 12:15:07 PM
Our club has a kid that tied for first and ended up 3rd on criteria, it was a four man and bracket. There was at least one other regional that had only one kid at the same weight so I would assume they would try to fill the state bracket? Was thinking he had a good chance at a call but didn't get one. Does anyone know how they pick who to call?  Also think that they should eliminate round robin at regionals, it created quite a mess with 3 kids going 2-1 and using a tie breaker criteria.

I believe it is a random draw for call-ins.  Making it to state is not everything....had a kid in a 3 man bracket that they all went 1-1...he ended up 3rd through criteria...win your matches and you don't have to put it in anyone else's hands I told him.  Sometimes more is learned at that age not making it than making it.