west allis central at individual state

Started by Northwoods, March 17, 2014, 01:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northwoods

I'm not gonna lie and say I had Tyus White or Max Chionski from West Allis Central winning their respective weight classes at state, but how impressive was Tyus White's accomplishment! His div 1 weight class was super stacked! And great job Max Chionski! I always liked Central's gymnasium. Superior high school has a great gymnasium also.
Wisconsin wrestling #1

bigG

Always liked rasslin' at Central. Ed Stech lookin' on. Cool place.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Northwoods

To cool Big G! Wrestling in front of Stech would have been appealing! I always raised my game when I knew coach Radabaugh was watching.
Wisconsin wrestling #1

brotherofagoodwrestler

I'm totally new to the wac band-wagon, but I'm jumping in with both feet! I try to notice the new teams making noise and WAC and Stratford really got a lot of beeps on the ol' radar in Madison this year. Continued success!

pin2win

Northwoods

Apologies on mis-naming Mark. The article at wiaa.com did say Max Chionski. Sorry Mark. Nice double in the finals!
Wisconsin wrestling #1

CLC FAN

I haven't run the numbers since this year's state tournament, but over the off-season I posted some rankings based on the 70 kids who had started at regionals for a given team over the last 5 years - where everybody contributes points to their team's rankings.  Not just the placewinners and the qualifiers.  West Allis Central came out as the 13th best D1 program in the state!  Kinda surprised me at the time as well.  They were ahead of such storied programs as Muskego, Hartford, Sauk Prairie, Mukwonago, Badger, and Port Washington, to name a few. 

WAC is definitely owed some respect.  Good to see them getting it on the forum a bit!