1999-2000

Started by Hand Control, March 16, 2014, 07:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MARSHDOC

Quote from: Hand Control on March 26, 2014, 09:57:26 AM
herewego       Let us here your clear cut favorites. But may I remind you that anyone can be beaten on any given day. Lets hear your automatics. That being said 115 is very deep with talent, as well as several others.

Do you have any true automatic picks?  I could only say which I think are most likely in 1 or weight classes and even those I wouldn't call automatic. 

MARSHDOC

Quote from: MARSHDOC on March 25, 2014, 05:22:13 AM
UPDATING MY PICKS JUST TO STIR THE POT

***I think these are realistic possibilities**
110 Tarty over Mocco Schoenfuss 3rd
115  DeMeyer/Marten toss up Nutter 3rd
120 Kochiu over Skattebo
125 Digenero to upset Schlough
130 Bird
135 Nate Crayton to upset Krein

I hope I haven't mixed the weight classes up.  Although my picks are realistic, there is a reason I don't gamble.

No takers?  I purposely picked a few underdogs here to stimulate debate. 

Kodonnelllaw

120: Skattebo. This kid is focused and relaxed. Going to be tough to beat

130: Bird (The younger brother of Josh Bird) has the potential to wrestle Zach Lee (Is this the younger brother of Robert Lee?). If so, somebody please make that happen :)

MARSHDOC

Quote from: Kodonnelllaw on March 27, 2014, 10:05:20 AM

130: Bird (The younger brother of Josh Bird) has the potential to wrestle Zach Lee (Is this the younger brother of Robert Lee?). If so, somebody please make that happen :)
You're probably right in both picks, neither will be a shoe in though.  Yes that is Birds younger brother.  I didn't think of that another Bird versus Lee match.  Seen that Skattebo kid in MN he looked great.  I won't be surprised to see upsets at most weight classes though.

wrestlinglife1

Bird vs. Lee in the Finals? I like the sound of that.

911Dad

...that last post was brought to you by the Department of Obvious... ;D ;D ;D

See ya tomorrow, Coach!

-Dad (FB)

ksbird

ok Jeff Jones you heard it, lets fill the stands with another potential LEE VS BIRD match up Saturday night. Only you can make it happen. Good luck guys see you in a few hours. One of them will have to get through Von Ruden who is a solid kid as well.

bulldog

Bird and Lee are on the same side of the bracket - they would meet in the match before the finals...if they both get that far. But great match up opportunity. There is soo many good kids at state this year. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning

stbird

You got your wish! ;D  He now holds the family title as the only Bird to beat a Lee this year. 

Quote from: Kodonnelllaw on March 27, 2014, 10:05:20 AM

stbird

Congrats all those that put the Virginia National Duals team together.  Off the top of my head the boys on that team who wrestled this weekend were Barnett, Peak, Scattebo, Krein, and Garcia state champions with Scharanbrock 3rd and Bird 2nd.  It was a real pleasure watching those guys wrestle out East again the best in the country.  Krattiger couldn't make that trip unfortunately.       

Phulnelson

"Congrats all those that put the Virginia National Duals team together.  Off the top of my head the boys on that team who wrestled this weekend were Barnett, Peak, Scattebo, Krein, and Garcia state champions with Scharanbrock 3rd and Bird 2nd.  It was a real pleasure watching those guys wrestle out East again the best in the country."

Agreed!  Morgan also took the championship this weekend and Lewis took second. 

Kodonnelllaw

I know Matt Ochs (South Milwaukee) was a big part of the Virginia Duals. Great job and great coach.

BTW: His little brother Skattebo took 1st!

Sparky

Jared Lewis was also a big part of the Virginia Duals Team! His keen eye for talent and the connections he has with kids in Wisconsin as well as other states was a big part to their success. Thank you to all that played a part in putting the team together, a great group of talented wrestlers and parents! 

Mommabear

Aaron Schulist was also on the Virginia Dual team and a state champion this weekend.

The Virginia Duals was one of my son's favorite tournaments ever, (along with Tulsa this year which he traveled to with Higher Level folks.)  Great kids, coaches, and parents!!

stbird

Yeah, there was another really tough kid from Ohio on the team I can't remember his name as well as little man Creese from Minnesota, and another really tough kid from IL.   That was a heck of a team, the only problem was that Garcia was the heaviest kid on the team so we were for forfeiting 3 weight classes every dual.