1999-2000

Started by Hand Control, March 16, 2014, 07:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kneeslide

Please see the information taken from the WWF website.

WIAA mat rules will apply in the folkstyle state championship qualifiers - with one exception. The time periods are one minute long at all age levels at the qualifiers.  One minute periods for the youngest three age groups and one and a half minute periods for the oldest group at the state tournament only.  There are only 15 minutes of rest required between matches.

MARSHDOC

Quote from: kneeslide on March 23, 2014, 07:00:17 PM
Please see the information taken from the WWF website.

WIAA mat rules will apply in the folkstyle state championship qualifiers - with one exception. The time periods are one minute long at all age levels at the qualifiers.  One minute periods for the youngest three age groups and one and a half minute periods for the oldest group at the state tournament only.  There are only 15 minutes of rest required between matches.

So I am wrong in thinking all periods were 60 seconds?  Kind of weird not to have the qualifiers be the same as the state tournament isn't it.  I am very happy to be wrong in this instance. 

padre

I agree it is odd they follow a different system but has been that way for a while now.

boowrestle

If the WWF ran 90sec periods for the oldest group at the qualifiers,you would have even more people complaining about how long it took for the tournament to finish. ???
you can run but you cannot hide.

MARSHDOC

Quote from: boowrestle on March 24, 2014, 07:56:33 AM
If the WWF ran 90sec periods for the oldest group at the qualifiers,you would have even more people complaining about how long it took for the tournament to finish. ???

But it doesn't have to take longer.  They start the older kid qualifiers later in the day, open up a couple of mats and start them first thing in the morning, the tournament would end at an appropriate time.  There have been many times this year when my kid and others have had their opponents locked up and ready to turn or on their back and the 60 seconds was up.  These kids are step away from HS, the ones with the courage to wrestle in the qualifiers and the ones that make it to the state tournament deserve 90 second periods.  Just my opinion.  I guess we're way off topic of predictions.

bulldog

Quote from: Tews19 on March 23, 2014, 02:47:32 PM
Quote from: foose4 on March 21, 2014, 04:06:54 PM
Quote from: bulldog on March 21, 2014, 02:02:37 PM
One that will be missed from this line-up. Mace Kilty from Stratford. I think Mace could have made a great run at either 90 or 95 pound bracket this year but (as I understand it) the WWF does not allow female athletes to choose to wrestle in the "boys" division for the state title. Too bad...Mace is a great competitor and would compete with the other athletes at the state level. Maybe the WWF will change this stance in the future...

PLUS 100

Totally agree and I complained to people of the WWF about it, but they didn't change anything except saying this is better for the sport.....yeah I see lots of numbers in the WWF girls groups after a couple years.  Just not working out, wish they would leave them pick.

She gets her "State Tournament" this weekend at Dominate in the Dells.  GOOD LUCK MACEY!!  Back up that Liberty Nationals Championship with another!!

I saw her for the first time yesterday at the Dominate in the Dells.  She is an excellent wrestler. I was so impressed with her I made it a point to be matside for every match she had until the finals.... I noticed she defaulted the finals and wrestle back. Was that due to wrestling in the HS State? Either way it was great to see a wrestler of her caliber regardless of sex. I hope to see big things from her past HS wrestling.

Mace had a great run in Dominate the Dells this weekend. I saw she did not wrestle the finals match also. not sure why. She is a great kid and a great practice partner for anybody that has the chance to drill with her. I wish my boy could get more time on the mat with partners like Mace. It drives me nuts that WWF will not give them the chance to decide. In HS you are not going to get to wrestle only female athletes so why is it "better for the sport" in Youth. Is the WWF worried about crushing some boys ego if they get "beat by a girl". Tell you what...they better learn it in 7th grade because in 12th grade it will be a bit harder to live with.

At Dominate in the Dells I saw to gals compete in the "boys" division and they did a great job. Mace placing 2nd and I beleive  Jayden Laurent from FVE placed 1st. These athletes have a great future in this sport...great to see.

Too bad the WWF doesn't give them a chance to show it in Madison this weekend

boowrestle

Is Macy going to be a freshman next yr and if so where will she be going to high school at??
you can run but you cannot hide.

foose4

Quote from: boowrestle on March 24, 2014, 04:36:03 PM
Is Macy going to be a freshman next yr and if so where will she be going to high school at??

Macey is actually a 2001 7th grader.  She is currently at Stratford and I don't see her leaving as her father was instrumental in building our new wrestling practice facility.

Yes it is going to be one packed room pretty soon.  The best of the best will come out.
"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is."
Zig Ziglar

Hand Control

I see like some of the past threads on the forum this one as well has gotten a little off topic, so to try to get back on topic, here are my picks.
     80-Barnett
     85-Peak
     90-Blair
     95-Phillips
     100-Schultz
     105-Hannah
     110-Murty
     115-Demeyer
     120-Skattebo
     125-Schlough
     130-Vonruden
     135-Krein
     140-Dow
     145-Garcia
     150-Krattiger
     160-Joles
     175-Belongia
The last four weights I have no picks. And the ones that I have, some of them are very deep with talent, thus making some very hard to chose a champ. Good luck to ALL of the kids that have the guts and good fortune to be out on the mat competing on Friday and Saturday in Madison.

MARSHDOC

UPDATING MY PICKS JUST TO STIR THE POT

***I think these are realistic possibilities**
110 Tarty over Mocco Schoenfuss 3rd
115  DeMeyer/Marten toss up Nutter 3rd
120 Kochiu over Skattebo
125 Digenero to upset Schlough
130 Bird
135 Nate Crayton to upset Krein

I hope I haven't mixed the weight classes up.  Although my picks are realistic, there is a reason I don't gamble.

MatHog23

What about the Fondy Regional qualifiers for 95? Mountjoy beat Suddeth at Dominate in the Dells. Mountjoys name not well know yet, but he has a great chance of making the podium. He's one to watch for next year.

MARSHDOC

Quote from: MatHog23 on March 25, 2014, 03:32:41 PM
What about the Fondy Regional qualifiers for 95? Mountjoy beat Suddeth at Dominate in the Dells. Mountjoys name not well know yet, but he has a great chance of making the podium. He's one to watch for next year.

There are so many.  I can't wait to see these kids and get to know them before they start their HS careers.  I am only able to make predictions around weight classes I know.  I must have really made Stuhl angry, I forgot he was also at 115 along with McMillen.  In my opinion 115 is the weight class with the most talent by far.  My son isn't in that weight class, but I have to call it as it is.  That division is up for grabs.

herewego

I also agree 115 is too tough to call.  There are about 5-6 kids that all have a legitimate shot at winning it.  Unlike many other weight classes where there is a clear favorite, at 115 I don't think you could call it an upset if any of these kids win it.   

Hand Control

herewego       Let us here your clear cut favorites. But may I remind you that anyone can be beaten on any given day. Lets hear your automatics. That being said 115 is very deep with talent, as well as several others.

herewego

I'm not sure where the word "automatic" was used.  My point was at some weights there are kids that many people would say are heavily favored to win.  I'm not getting into naming kids.  At 115 I think there is more parity.    If you don't agree with that, so be it.