Could Madison host the NCAA's?

Started by leg turk, March 13, 2014, 09:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerjohn

Quote from: badgerjohn on March 14, 2014, 08:25:13 AM
Quote from: TomM on March 13, 2014, 10:27:26 PM
I would like to see the Kohl Center and Madison have the NCAA's D1.
I am guessing** that will not happen.
Looking at info below, it would appear the Kohl Center does not seat enough people with eight mats down..............

**Start counting now for how many seconds it will take badgerjohn to refute my 'guess'

aw shucks, I'm feeling the love  :-\

your guess is dead on, the kohl center does not have enuff seats (fact),  does not have room for 8 matts (guess), and third I thought the ncaa decided some years ago they will not have the tourny on campus again for any school even if the venue is large enuff.  I'm prolly wrong on this but I think UNI Dome 1997 was last time on campus (more than 15 years ago)

correction --- I shouda googled it  ---  Iowa 2001 was last time on campus, 13 yrs, same tourny JROB gave his team "the speech" (10 AA, dethrone 'em on their own floor, first time Minny champs, etc.)
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

bigoil

NCAA mats require more space don't they Woody?

woody53

Yes they do. We did look into that with Dave Miller from All American Wrestling Supply and even the bigger mats would work. Very limited circulation space though.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

bigoil

Quote from: woody53 on March 14, 2014, 10:54:32 AM
Yes they do. We did look into that with Dave Miller from All American Wrestling Supply and even the bigger mats would work. Very limited circulation space though.

Skywalk :)

imnofish

Quote from: howavi on March 14, 2014, 03:23:24 PM

Ascend by parachute, ropelling, or zip lines?    ;D  The fans would love it!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Handles II

Quote from: imnofish on March 14, 2014, 07:57:11 PM

I've looked at that space for years, no reason why WIAA can't/shouldn't use 8 mats. No need for giant 10 foot runways for "media", there would be room on the outside of the mats, or a center runway of about 5'.  Double elimination time crunch problem solved.

woody53

Quote from: Handles II on March 15, 2014, 04:29:31 PM
Quote from: imnofish on March 14, 2014, 07:57:11 PM

I've looked at that space for years, no reason why WIAA can't/shouldn't use 8 mats. No need for giant 10 foot runways for "media", there would be room on the outside of the mats, or a center runway of about 5'.  Double elimination time crunch problem solved.

Hmmm.... Why didn't I think of that ?  LOL  ;)
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

imnofish

I wonder if we could just rent a really big circus tent.  What's available up at Baraboo?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!