NCAA.... a top 10 finish?

Started by ankle pick, March 11, 2014, 07:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuckyMatt

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 12, 2014, 07:07:44 AM
Quote from: BRF Wrestling on March 11, 2014, 09:34:06 PM
I am to the point that I don't want to look at the Badger part of this forum. Some of the negative things that a few of you say on her night after night.  ??? Give it a rest already your like a broken record or even worse a nagging wife. Barry this Barry that Donny this Howe that, this Is your team be happy with what we got we might not be Penn. St or Iowa but we are the badgers. So if you need to be on a NCAA championship team jump on the Penn. St wagon, we won't miss you. And when we get to the top you can jump back on the badger wagon!!!!!

funny thing is... Donny is now 3 years out, his team lost to UW in a dual, finished behind us in the Big 10's, and only had 4 auto qualifiers while we had 7... I think it is time to get over it.

Michigan also finished behind us at the 2013 NCAA's!! ;D

dman

Interesting....so people are "badger bashers" if they are not comfortable, or "okay" with finishing 7th in the Big Ten and want to be higher, and then actually say that???   ::)  Sure glad you guys are the judge and jury on what a fan can and can't say.....   ::)

dman

Give an example of how someone can say they want the badgers to be better then they are without sounding negative?  And who determines what is negative and isn't?

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: dman on March 12, 2014, 08:54:28 AM
Give an example of how someone can say they want the badgers to be better then they are without sounding negative?  And who determines what is negative and isn't?

I see nothing wrong with wanting to be better and thinking we should be better in the future.

To come on here within 24 hours f the team placing 8 in the Big 10s an saying it was a failure or not an improvement is a joke
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

BuckyMatt

Quote from: Goat Roper on March 12, 2014, 08:45:23 AM
I'm OK with people wanting something better, but when all they have to offer are negative comments, void of anything positive, I question their motives.

+1

NO ONE, let me repeat, NO ONE has come on here and said they are "okay" finishing 7th year in and year out.  However, given we were at the bottom of D1 wrestling in 2012, was 9th last year, 7th this year, and did all of this with a young roster, it is obvious BRIGHT days are ahead for the Badgers and there is reason for optimism.  I predict 4th or 5th place next year (maybe higher) and an entry into the top 3 within 2 years.  I am okay with that type of projectory but not staying at 7th place.

BuckyMatt

Bringing Donny into the conversation!

As long as Alvarez is AD, he is never coming back so why talk about it?  Plus, the Badgers are performing better without him than Michigan is doing (fact).  I predict a higher National finish for the Badgers in the near future (Within 3 years) than we ever had with Donny (4th)

CLC FAN

"I'm really happy that the Badgers took a step forward this year.  I'm sure it took more hard work than I could ever fully appreciate, but I would expect nothing less of them.  I do, however, have concerns about us taking the NEXT step.  We are now back to where we were, say, 10 years ago, but I'm not satisfied with that.  I want to see us in the top 4/5 of the Big 10 every single year, and in the top 10 nationally every single year.  After we've sustained that level of success, I want us to become Minnesota.  On their up years, they challenge for the National title, and in their down years they are still a powerhouse with multiple AAs."

dman

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 12, 2014, 10:02:57 AM

"I'm really happy that the Badgers took a step forward this year.  I'm sure it took more hard work than I could ever fully appreciate, but I would expect nothing less of them.  I do, however, have concerns about us taking the NEXT step.  We are now back to where we were, say, 10 years ago, but I'm not satisfied with that.  I want to see us in the top 4/5 of the Big 10 every single year, and in the top 10 nationally every single year.  After we've sustained that level of success, I want us to become Minnesota.  On their up years, they challenge for the National title, and in their down years they are still a powerhouse with multiple AAs."

Couldn't have said it better myself CLC Fan!

leg turk

if you guys want that next step, you better start fundraising.   Those top teams in the country have the same 9.9 schlorships, just like us.  The difference is, they have MAJOR boosters supporting their teams....  we don't have the facilities to keep a 4 star recruit here on a 1/2 schlorship..... it takes money to build programs like them.

jaguarwrestler

I want to finish in the top 3-4 in the Big Ten as much as anyone, then again I also realize we wrestle in a conference full of powerhouse teams, the most successful teams in college wrestling history. If our football team played in the SEC how many conference titles do you think we would have? That is not to say we can't hope for better or to expect better but consider if we wrestled in the PAC 12 we would likely be top 2-3 every year.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

dman

If the football team played in the SEC and wasn't a top 1 or 2 team would we not be able to talk about wanting to be a top 1 or 2 team and how disappointed it is to not be a top 1 or 2 team??  If people did say that stuff would that make people "bad fans"??

whatever

Dman, stop being so defensive.

We understand that some people are still critical of Barry Davis - that's not the point.

Go look at "Brett Favre"'s posts on a couple threads these past 2 days after the Big Tens.

THOSE are the types of posts many people were getting very tired of.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

dman

Not being defensive....just making a point.  Last time I checked people were allowed to voice their opinions on this forum....just cause they don't match yours or others doesn't mean they shouldn't post them.  I personally don't agree with everything Farve posts, but I am not going to jump down his throat because his opinions are different then mine.  I also don't believe that if someone is critical of the "success", or lack there of, for the team they support, it makes them a "bad fan".  Finally, I don't believe that you have to like the head coach of the team you support either.

Why aren't you accusing the people jumping down Farve's throat of being defensive??  They truly are the ones being "defensive".

Go Bucky!  Good luck to all the NQ's!!

easytopin

I think its fine to be critical of any program that you are fan of.  Fan and cheerleader are two separate items. If you believe you are being truthful
and can support your ideas you should be able to express them.  I don't believe the Brewers have made much of an effort to solve their first base problem and am critical of this important position and I love the brew crew.

Spartan

Quote from: dman on March 12, 2014, 02:55:23 PM
Not being defensive....just making a point.  Last time I checked people were allowed to voice their opinions on this forum....just cause they don't match yours or others doesn't mean they shouldn't post them.  I personally don't agree with everything Farve posts, but I am not going to jump down his throat because his opinions are different then mine.  I also don't believe that if someone is critical of the "success", or lack there of, for the team they support, it makes them a "bad fan".  Finally, I don't believe that you have to like the head coach of the team you support either.

Why aren't you accusing the people jumping down Farve's throat of being defensive??  They truly are the ones being "defensive".

Go Bucky!  Good luck to all the NQ's!!

Dman you are correct you and Farve have the rite to post your opinion, just as everyone else has the rite to express their opinions of what they think of your post. If you dint want to hear what other people think of your opinion stop posting, controversial opinions.