Former Wisconsin Stud Anderew Howe..l.

Started by TLV, March 09, 2014, 11:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Quote from: hammen on March 14, 2014, 11:07:13 PM
If Howe is in a control position (riding), that's a fall. Falls without established control will not get called a fall - and I think that's for good reason. I am not doubting Andrew's control in the position, and from everyone's comments it seems like he was the best wrestler in that match, but anyone can still a picture at zero seconds and call a fall. Andrew will undoubtedly use this to fuel the fire for the ncaas, and I'll bet this was better for him to take a loss right before ncaas.

If anyone wants to see a fall - see the churella/Hendricks photo in the NCAA finals (somewhere between 2006-2008)

Do you remember when Henning was neurtral pinned by Poeta in the All Star Classic?

hammen

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 15, 2014, 12:33:42 PM
Quote from: hammen on March 14, 2014, 11:07:13 PM
If Howe is in a control position (riding), that's a fall. Falls without established control will not get called a fall - and I think that's for good reason. I am not doubting Andrew's control in the position, and from everyone's comments it seems like he was the best wrestler in that match, but anyone can still a picture at zero seconds and call a fall. Andrew will undoubtedly use this to fuel the fire for the ncaas, and I'll bet this was better for him to take a loss right before ncaas.

If anyone wants to see a fall - see the churella/Hendricks photo in the NCAA finals (somewhere between 2006-2008)

Do you remember when Henning was neurtral pinned by Poeta in the All Star Classic?

Yes - although we were traveling from Cornell so I didn't get to watch. Would be cool to see video of both and compare the calls.

stbird

If you have Direct TV it was shown on there and will be shown again.  You can search for the next showing and DVR it.

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 14, 2014, 01:05:24 PM
not find the video yet either but here is a article
http://www.ocolly.com/sports/article_70084c90-a7f5-11e3-aed9-0017a43b2370.html

hasbeen132

hasbeen132

whatever

That's a weird video - it's a 4 minute video that shows 3 clips of Howe scoring takedowns (or attempting) but the third clip is shown about 8 times , over and over, and over....

It would have been nice to see the whole match.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

stbird

Whatever,

I have the match DVR'd if you ever come out to Maryland! 

whatever

Ha Ha - I'll keep that in mind, Steve.....I recall Maryland being very pretty at this time of the year (compared to these WI winters...!)
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

stbird

We'll hopefully be going into Spring very shortly here.  Supposed to be 60 today and 70 by the weekend.  Spring usually turns into Summer very quickly here but this has been a very cold and snowy Winter for Maryland standards, but nothing like WI!  I've had 2 gobbler and 9 hens in the backyard the last two days.  Gobblers are strutting like crazy.  Problem is our season doesn't come in for a month! 

Quote from: whatever on March 20, 2014, 10:47:28 AM
Ha Ha - I'll keep that in mind, Steve.....I recall Maryland being very pretty at this time of the year (compared to these WI winters...!)

npope

Ahhh, Andrew Howe...I remember him as if it were only nine years ago since he arrived as a freshman on UW's campus  ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

CLC FAN

Quote from: whatever on March 20, 2014, 09:41:33 AM
That's a weird video - it's a 4 minute video that shows 3 clips of Howe scoring takedowns (or attempting) but the third clip is shown about 8 times , over and over, and over....

It would have been nice to see the whole match.

Thanks for the link.  I agree that seeing the whole match would have been nice... was that 2 at the end (the one where Perry tried to funk) eventually overturned?  I thought the ref - Haggerty I'm pretty sure - had a very reasonable justification for giving Howe 2.  He seemed to be pointing to Perry's hands locked on Howe's leg as Perry tried to funk pass, but when the hands came unlocked and Howe was holding Perry on his back with a foot half Hag immediately gave the 2.  I think that was the perfect call there.  To me that's the same thought as a guy rolling through on a suicide cradle - If the cradler's hands stay locked, you give him the benefit of the doubt that it's still his move even if he gets caught on his back for a while.  But if those hands break - that's a pretty clear cut sign that control has shifted.