Graff Gruff After 2nd Place Finish - Joe Shinners

Started by TomM, March 09, 2014, 09:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Graff Gruff After 2nd Place Finish - Joe Shinners (3-9-2014) for Wisconsin Wrestling Online
http://www.wiwrestling.com/stories/shinners/2014/gMarch9_2014.htm
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

leg turk

Hate to say it, but, if you can't get away on the bottom, it's pretty tough to win.

lincolnlogs

Exactly right turk! Oh well, it was a great match. I have faith that Tyler will avenge this  loss!

jeast

When will mat wrestling be important to this community?  (Read Wisconsin wrestling, high school and college)

"Never wrestle with a strong man, nor bring a rich man to court"

jaguarwrestler

I can't stand Ramos, his do nothing and win ugly style makes me want to stick a fork in my eye. His stare down makes you think he is about to attack you... but then he just gets ready to block anything coming his way.

Personally I thought TG had an escape before riding time and I think he thought he had it a well. At the end of the day he was on his feet for 5 minutes the first 2 periods and didn't take hardly any shots. He should have opened up, nothing to lose this week.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

harley

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 10, 2014, 09:03:20 AM
I can't stand Ramos, his do nothing and win ugly style makes me want to stick a fork in my eye. His stare down makes you think he is about to attack you... but then he just gets ready to block anything coming his way.

Personally I thought TG had an escape before riding time and I think he thought he had it a well. At the end of the day he was on his feet for 5 minutes the first 2 periods and didn't take hardly any shots. He should have opened up, nothing to lose this week.

+ 1

neutral

Quote from: harley on March 10, 2014, 09:07:37 AM

+ 1

+2 ...

... and the excessive celebration wasn't appreciated either (by me anyway) - (but, then again, neither was Taylor's after his 3rd place win over Clark)
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

stbird

After Taylor got dominated and stuck by Clark not long ago I think he deserved a little celebration for his performance and I'm sure the crowd loved it.  It wish I were there to see it! 

Quote from: neutral on March 10, 2014, 11:02:50 AM
Quote from: harley on March 10, 2014, 09:07:37 AM

+ 1

+2 ...

... and the excessive celebration wasn't appreciated either (by me anyway) - (but, then again, neither was Taylor's after his 3rd place win over Clark)

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

I re-watched this match.  Most of the on the feet seemed to be straight on hand fighting and head ties.  

Work on the setups Tyler !!!  Force the Action and Move Him !!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

woody53

Ramos did a great job of blocking with his straight arm on the neck. Tyler will learn from this.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Manty77

My guess is that Graff won't face Ramos again.  Looks like the seeds will be Colon, Schopp, Ramos, Morrison, Graff.  Even if Graff and Morrison are flip-flopped, Graff will face Morrison, then Colon, and then Schopp.  I don't think Ramos will get by Schopp  ;)

And I think Graff will learn from his Midlands match against Colon.  Graff was dominating him on their feet but lost the match on the mat.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Manty77 on March 11, 2014, 05:57:25 PM
My guess is that Graff won't face Ramos again.  Looks like the seeds will be Colon, Schopp, Ramos, Morrison, Graff.  Even if Graff and Morrison are flip-flopped, Graff will face Morrison, then Colon, and then Schopp.  I don't think Ramos will get by Schopp  ;)

And I think Graff will learn from his Midlands match against Colon.  Graff was dominating him on their feet but lost the match on the mat.

I think the 4 or 5 seed would work out fine for Tyler !!

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf