Can you say...IMPROVEMENT! Badgers send 7, maybe 8 to the NCAA's!

Started by theunionchair, March 09, 2014, 04:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

Quote from: stbird on March 10, 2014, 02:30:55 PM
Word on the street is that Thielke is staying at 141.  Wonder if Jiminez is going to redshirt?  If not he could go 25 and Taylor 33. 

If Thielke's goal is to win a national championship in folkstyle and also be able to make 130 in Greco, IMO he will be at 133 next year.  He was clearly undersized against top ranked opponents at 141.  He said he lost muscle last summer making the cut for Greco.  I know the weigh ins are different for Greco, but I think it will be difficult for him to make 130 for Greco and be strong enough to wrestle 141 in folkstyle to the standards he wants. 

I still think he has the potential to be an elite wrestler at his ideal weight.  Can he gain another 5-10 pounds of muscle to be more of a true 41 and still make 130 for Greco?  I think that would be difficult.

MNbadger

IMHO Theilke could AA at 133 next year, not happening at 141 unless he is still growing......
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan