Tom Brands Childish Behavior Warrants a "Time-Out" at the Big Tens

Started by theunionchair, March 09, 2014, 09:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestler133

I have very mixed feelings about Iowa...on one hand I love the fact that they are packing thousands of fans into their arena for dual meets and drawing huge crowds not only at home but this weekend at the big tens, they are really one of the few teams that create the kind of exposure for our sport similar to a big college basketball or football program(although I would say Penn State is gaining on them, atleast as far as home attendance, they didn't have as large of a crowd as Iowa this weekend I don't think).
On the other hand, I hate to put this bluntly, they seem like a bunch of jerks....from the top down as far as how they act.(although, I recorded the finals and watched them last night and I will say that Tony Ramos sounded much better in his interview than what I expected from his "intimidation antics" on the mat). But really, in my opinion, they do act out of control in a lot of situations.

aarons23

I love the way Iowa wrestles....they get after it when they need it.  No lack of urgency when needed.  The fans are crazy!  But for the most part a good kind of crazy.  A few can spoil the whole.  We were sitting behind Tony Ramos parents and family.  After the Taylor match two guts in the group stood up and were cussing and acting a fool...even flipping off Taylor as he came through.  Then after the Ramos match two clowns started boing Tony and yelling he got lucky.  Not sure they were Wisconsin fans, they had no school colors but they may have been.  Several guys from the Ramos crowd stood up and yelled back and forth at these guys.  It was embarrassing for both sides.  Then to make matters worse they then brought Tony up with Tony's father.  To Tonys credit he stayed out of it and seemed very uncomfortable by the whole thing....while his father and several other guys attempted to escalate the altercation.  Security told them to leave because police was on the way.  Again Tony seemed embarrassed by situation and was very humble when I spoke to him.  Seems like a very nice kid.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.