Never Seen the Video

Started by MahonDog37, March 07, 2014, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MahonDog37

I have an interesting story I'd like to share.  Sorry, in advance, for the length of it. 

During this past individual state tournament, I ventured up to a box that one of the wrestlers parents had.  The parents are originally from Cadott.  One of the relatives of the parents that was in the box was related to John Burns from Cadott, his brother.  John was a three time state champion for Cadott. At 98 pounds in 1979, at 98 pounds in 1980, and at 105 in 1981.

John's son, Nick, took third at 106 for LaCrosse Aquinas in Division 3.

As I was introduced to John's brother I went onto my iPad and called up the 1981 State Finals from the rvwrestlingalum.com website.  I showed it to John's brother and he was astonished at what he saw.  He had never seen that video before.  He immediately went down to John, who was sitting in the stands, and showed him the video.  He, also, had never seen the footage from the 1981 State Finals.  They were nothing but appreciative and complimentary for the rest of the night.

I then proceeded to show them the state programs.  They enjoyed them as well. 

I was very proud to have shown John Burns and his brother his state championship video from 1981.  They also commented that it would be nice to see the 1979 video.  I, immediately, agreed. 

If anyone has past state video, please let me know.  I would love to have more encounters like this in my lifetime.

bigoil

Plus Mahon, see my tag line below :)

bulldog90

Great site pat! We hooked up to TV and showed Mark fosterlings matches to his brother. really cool to be for him to see.