Most State Titles By An Idividual

Started by 2SENSE, March 04, 2014, 09:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2SENSE

Anyone know which individual has the most combined team and individual state titles? I know there are quit a few 4 time individual winners just wondering if there may be a top dog of combined titles.

jaguarwrestler

I would think someone like Josh Hansen has 7
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

CrossAnkle

Maybe quad can help with this one, but I know Zac Cibula won four, and I am sure his teams won at least two maybe 3 team titles. Somewhere in the range of 6-7 combined.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: CrossAnkle on March 04, 2014, 09:53:04 AM
Maybe quad can help with this one, but I know Zac Cibula won four, and I am sure his teams won at least two maybe 3 team titles. Somewhere in the range of 6-7 combined.

I think it is 5 or 6 for him
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

harley

Do we include youth Sate Champs as well as Greco,Freestyle and State Team?

pantherphotoman

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 04, 2014, 10:09:57 AM
Quote from: CrossAnkle on March 04, 2014, 09:53:04 AM

I think it is 5 or 6 for him

Zac was the first person who came to my mind.  I know Ellsworth denied him a state title his senior year, which was 2009.  Maybe someone from Rapids is up there as well?  Jens has a total of five (last team title was his freshman year in 2011), and we are hoping he has six after this Saturday.  ;)

Out of Nowhere

From a quick look at Luxemburg Casco's wrestling website it looks like Cibula has 6 (4 individual, 2 team) and Brian Barbiaux looks to have 6 as well (3 individual, 3 team).

thequad

I believe out of Nowhere has it right.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

bigoil

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 04, 2014, 09:51:45 AM
I would think someone like Josh Hansen has 7

Hansen has 6 for sure, but was he even varsity as a frosh? I think redpenning was the guy at 103.

woody53

Quote from: thequad on March 04, 2014, 01:34:42 PM
I believe out of Nowhere has it right.
Going off my memory from being there. This seems right.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!