D2 160 championship match

Started by Street Glide, March 03, 2014, 04:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brotherofagoodwrestler

Quote from: Lambchops on March 05, 2014, 09:43:04 PM
I just wanted to come on this forum and thank all the readers for the interest on the D2 160 match. This match in the State finals was an incredible way to end my high school career.  I have a ton of respect for Gable and he is an excellent athlete.
It was my original plan to drop down to 152 for the state tournament series but after my 7-4 loss to Gable at the Cheesehead I changed gears and was very determined to wrestle him again in the State tournament. I have to admit I was a bit caught off guard when I realized the bracket was set up in such a way that I had to get by #2 and #3 ranked wrestlers, Ronny Ponick and Levi Petroske in back to back matches first, but was determined to reach my goal. My goal wasn't just to be a State champion but was to do it with one of the best upsets of the tournament, like in the movie Miracle which I had been watching every night leading up to this moment.

After my victory in the semifinals I was very excited that I would have the opportunity to give the thousands of wrestling fans that where supporting and watching us a match to remember. I know in my heart I prepared and gave it everything I had and do not have any regrets in that match. Sure I watch the video over and over again but I have been wrestling my entire life and realize that a split second can be the deciding factor between victory and defeat. My wrestling career is far from over and I am excited to continue on in this great sport.

A shout out to all my coaches, team mates and family, and friends for believing in me along my journey.

Mitchell
Guys like Mitchell and Mohamed Fall are what this sport is all about. Not only did Mitchell not make any excuses, he tells everyone that after a loss it's that what made him stay up a weight (another shot at Gable). Exactly the attitude more wrestlers need. So proud of this kid and his winning attitude. Wish him the best of luck in the future. P.S. Gable has this exact attitude as well!

uncle Fester

being of sound mind...  I would think mitchell at 152 would have to be the tallest 152er in the history of mankind
we didnt come here for a picnic

pantherphotoman

Quote from: Lambchops on March 05, 2014, 09:43:04 PM
I just wanted to come on this forum and thank all the readers for the interest on the D2 160 match. This match in the State finals was an incredible way to end my high school career.  I have a ton of respect for Gable and he is an excellent athlete.
It was my original plan to drop down to 152 for the state tournament series but after my 7-4 loss to Gable at the Cheesehead I changed gears and was very determined to wrestle him again in the State tournament. I have to admit I was a bit caught off guard when I realized the bracket was set up in such a way that I had to get by #2 and #3 ranked wrestlers, Ronny Ponick and Levi Petroske in back to back matches first, but was determined to reach my goal. My goal wasn't just to be a State champion but was to do it with one of the best upsets of the tournament, like in the movie Miracle which I had been watching every night leading up to this moment.

After my victory in the semifinals I was very excited that I would have the opportunity to give the thousands of wrestling fans that where supporting and watching us a match to remember. I know in my heart I prepared and gave it everything I had and do not have any regrets in that match. Sure I watch the video over and over again but I have been wrestling my entire life and realize that a split second can be the deciding factor between victory and defeat. My wrestling career is far from over and I am excited to continue on in this great sport.

A shout out to all my coaches, team mates and family, and friends for believing in me along my journey.
Mitchell

Mitchell- After a post like that, you need to know that you now have many Ellsworth fans who will now be rooting for you, including me.  I wish you all the best in the future.  You are the definition of quality.  Also, I agree with Fester, which is always a good idea.  All the best to you!

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Guess I know who to cheer for, like forever.

Great wrestling, by the way.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

I will also on my scouring of wrestling over the winter for years to come I will be following this young lad and the young lad from Milwaukee Tech.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet