D2 160 championship match

Started by Street Glide, March 03, 2014, 04:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Street Glide

After watching the replay of the end of regulation, I believe the referees made the correct decision.  I freeze framed it many times.  When the referee called time for the end of the match, the SF kid clearly does not have control for a reversal.  Question is did Frandsen have control?  IMO neither wrestler had control thus 1 point given to Lambrecht.  I'm not sure what exactly the rule book says about escapes vs reversals, but from reviewing this case in slow motion a correct decision was made.  
      The throw at the end of the 1 minute overtime was also correct.  Freeze framing the throw you can clearly see the referee counting down and calling time just before Lambrecht hit the mat.  Correct call by them and being able to do this with out the help of slow motion kudos to the referees with this match.

I watched this on a link with the Sheboygan Press.

Fabulous Falcons

This was a Rocky Balboa Vs Apollo Creed classic match-up and Rocky almost pulled out the unthinkable upset in a match that could have shocked the entire Kohl Center. As Tom likes to state, "That's why they wrestle the matches."  ;)

Howard Ruff: "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

bigG

Very well wrestled by both studs.

Got that right.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

copper63

Quote from: Street Glide on March 03, 2014, 04:18:04 PM
After watching the replay of the end of regulation, I believe the referees made the correct decision.  I freeze framed it many times.  When the referee called time for the end of the match, the SF kid clearly does not have control for a reversal.  Question is did Frandsen have control?  IMO neither wrestler had control thus 1 point given to Lambrecht.  I'm not sure what exactly the rule book says about escapes vs reversals, but from reviewing this case in slow motion a correct decision was made. 
       The throw at the end of the 1 minute overtime was also correct.  Freeze framing the throw you can clearly see the referee counting down and calling time just before Lambrecht hit the mat.  Correct call by them and being able to do this with out the help of slow motion kudos to the referees with this match.

I watched this on a link with the Sheboygan Press.
I watched the video and I agree with you, the correct call was made. Just another couple of seconds and SF would have had a reversal and a different outcome. Great battle, if your going to take second at state that's the way to do it, they are both champs.

uncle Fester

the problem here is festers heart...just got out of the Madison heart transplant clinic...looks like the new heart is functioning properly...doctors said no silo climbing for 2 weeks oh boy...
we didnt come here for a picnic

npope

Quote from: uncle Fester on March 04, 2014, 07:53:45 AM
the problem here is festers heart...just got out of the Madison heart transplant clinic...looks like the new heart is functioning properly...doctors said no silo climbing for 2 weeks oh boy...

:D :D

I can only imagine...

After reviewing the video available at the Sheboygan press, I have to agree that the match was pretty much called as good as it could have been.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

littleguy301

How about the finger nails?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Lambchops

I just wanted to come on this forum and thank all the readers for the interest on the D2 160 match. This match in the State finals was an incredible way to end my high school career.  I have a ton of respect for Gable and he is an excellent athlete.
It was my original plan to drop down to 152 for the state tournament series but after my 7-4 loss to Gable at the Cheesehead I changed gears and was very determined to wrestle him again in the State tournament. I have to admit I was a bit caught off guard when I realized the bracket was set up in such a way that I had to get by #2 and #3 ranked wrestlers, Ronny Ponick and Levi Petroske in back to back matches first, but was determined to reach my goal. My goal wasn't just to be a State champion but was to do it with one of the best upsets of the tournament, like in the movie Miracle which I had been watching every night leading up to this moment.

After my victory in the semifinals I was very excited that I would have the opportunity to give the thousands of wrestling fans that where supporting and watching us a match to remember. I know in my heart I prepared and gave it everything I had and do not have any regrets in that match. Sure I watch the video over and over again but I have been wrestling my entire life and realize that a split second can be the deciding factor between victory and defeat. My wrestling career is far from over and I am excited to continue on in this great sport.

A shout out to all my coaches, team mates and family, and friends for believing in me along my journey.
Mitchell

Colby

Wow!  What a wonderful post by what seems to be a very classy young man!  I have always said you learn more about someone's character in defeat then victory. Not knowing the young man at all I would be wiling to bet he will have a successful future in wrestling and more importantly in life!

imnofish

I was wondering how many times they had to put the paddles on your chest during that match.  Congrats to your boy on finishing with another title.  He definitely earned it vs a quality opponent.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

npope

Quote from: Lambchops on March 05, 2014, 09:43:04 PM
I just wanted to come on this forum and thank all the readers for the interest on the D2 160 match. This match in the State finals was an incredible way to end my high school career.  I have a ton of respect for Gable and he is an excellent athlete.
It was my original plan to drop down to 152 for the state tournament series but after my 7-4 loss to Gable at the Cheesehead I changed gears and was very determined to wrestle him again in the State tournament. I have to admit I was a bit caught off guard when I realized the bracket was set up in such a way that I had to get by #2 and #3 ranked wrestlers, Ronny Ponick and Levi Petroske in back to back matches first, but was determined to reach my goal. My goal wasn't just to be a State champion but was to do it with one of the best upsets of the tournament, like in the movie Miracle which I had been watching every night leading up to this moment.

After my victory in the semifinals I was very excited that I would have the opportunity to give the thousands of wrestling fans that where supporting and watching us a match to remember. I know in my heart I prepared and gave it everything I had and do not have any regrets in that match. Sure I watch the video over and over again but I have been wrestling my entire life and realize that a split second can be the deciding factor between victory and defeat. My wrestling career is far from over and I am excited to continue on in this great sport.

A shout out to all my coaches, team mates and family, and friends for believing in me along my journey.
Mitchell

What a great attitude - wish we all had more of that in ourselves. Man, what a winner! Good for you, Mitchell.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Houndhead

Mitchell

Congrats to you Mitchell. You show the kind of character that defines wrestling at its best. Best of luck in the future.

bigoil

Quote from: Houndhead on March 06, 2014, 05:55:31 AM

Mitchell

Congrats to you Mitchell. You show the kind of character that defines wrestling at its best. Best of luck in the future.

Wow, + infinite. What a show of character, gratitude, humbleness, toughness, etc.

littleguy301

Mitchell

Not sure what to say.

Thank you for giving us fans something great to watch at state.

Thank you for giving an outstanding post to read and get to understand where your coming from.

Good luck in the future, you sound like a person of great charater!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

spoonerwrestling

Mitchell

Best of luck in your future, you are an amazing young man.