Sportsmanship award to Mohamed Fall

Started by Wisconsinpitbull, March 01, 2014, 10:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imwi

Saw this in the Milwaukee Journal

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "In wrestling, you don't get losses; you get lessons on what you should have done," Milwaukee Bradley Tech senior Mohamed Fall, after his 7-3 loss to Sun Prairie senior Jared Scharenbrock in the D1 152 final.

hodagdad

imnofish

Sounds like an awesome young man, who is wise beyond his years!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

I thought he was a class act!

I really like the way he raised Jared S hand after the match. That was 10X better than a simple hand shake that was a pretty cool thing to do.

Best of luck to this young man on the rest of his life and I bet and hope it will be awesome!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bman

The 3rd period got very exciting after he got the cradle and was relentlessly working on turning him again.  His actions after the match was the moment of the tournament for me.
Give it all you got, and walk off the mat with your head high.  Both men won/lost with class.

WrestlingMom

They both could give a lesson in class to the wrestlers who run off the mat.

whatever

Quote from: WrestlingMom on March 04, 2014, 07:28:24 PM
They both could give a lesson in class to the wrestlers who run off the mat.

As far as giving lessons in class, using your first post on a public forum to take a shot at anonymous shot at kids is definitely NOT a lesson in class.

I would expect an ADULT to be above that.....but what do I know?

"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Firstinline

I did not read "WrestlingMom's" post and being negative. I think the post was steered towards the kids that lose and run off the mat as they are upset. JMO

whatever

So saying that kids that run off the mat do not have class....but that not is not being negative?

Care to explain how you reached that conclusion?
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Street Glide

So much for a feel good thread about something good. 

Coach Lu

I knew very little about Mohamed Fall coming into the state tournament.  I had the privilege to sit near some people who knew a lot about the kid.  As he was wrestling they were telling me things about this young man.  After Mohamed's finals match, I couldn't help but get out of my seat, walk down to where the competitors warm up, and shake his hand.  He is truly a champion, and positive image for the sport!  kudos to Mohamed Fall for helping me and everyone else realize what this great sport is all about.  

imwi

Quote from: Coach Lu on March 05, 2014, 10:48:22 AM
I knew very little about Mohamed Fall coming into the state tournament.  I had the privilege to sit near some people who knew a lot about the kid.  As he was wrestling they were telling me things about this young man.  After Mohamed's finals match, I couldn't help but get out of my seat, walk down to where the competitors warm up, and shake his hand.  He is truly a champion, and positive image for the sport!  kudos to Mohamed Fall for helping me and everyone else realize what this great sport is all about.  

Pretty much the same with me .  I was sitting with some fanatics from Fond du Lac, they were nuts about him and shared all their enthusiasm with me and I'm glad I got to find out about this young man.