Sportsmanship award to Mohamed Fall

Started by Wisconsinpitbull, March 01, 2014, 10:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsinpitbull

Very impressed by the grit, fortitude and composure of Mohamed Fall. He exhibited the best possible way to behave in a loss...respectful, proud, composed. A lot of young men running off the mat, bypassing the opposing coach...understandable, yes, but it takes a great young man to try so hard, come sooooo close with that cradle, and then raise the hand of the eventual champ, walk over and shake the coaches hand, and then go give his folks a hug before exiting the stadium. Good job, Mohamed, and congratulations on an excellent effort and great finish. Good luck in your future endeavors.
     ---mama O'Malley
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.-Twain

hodagdad

Quote from: Wisconsinpitbull on March 01, 2014, 10:02:40 PM
Very impressed by the grit, fortitude and composure of Mohamed Fall. He exhibited the best possible way to behave in a loss...respectful, proud, composed. A lot of young men running off the mat, bypassing the opposing coach...understandable, yes, but it takes a great young man to try so hard, come sooooo close with that cradle, and then raise the hand of the eventual champ, walk over and shake the coaches hand, and then go give his folks a hug before exiting the stadium. Good job, Mohamed, and congratulations on an excellent effort and great finish. Good luck in your future endeavors.
     ---mama O'Malley

X2

dr.mud

Agree. Moment of the tourney for me. Very nice to see the class and maturity.

ramjet

Yes indeed but man I bet the Kohl center was a gasp when he turned Jared wow what great job and attempt one of the highlights of tournament to show that kind of grit. Both young men showing class.

imnofish

I figured that would be a tough match, from the videos I've watched of both wrestlers.  Nice job by both young men.  Was personally rooting for Jared S., since his grandparents are friends of mine, but very impressed with Mr. Fall, as well.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

pantherphotoman

Definitely a highlight of the tournament. Total class!  Despite the score, that young man is a champion.

Asst. Coach

Not a surprise to see Mohamed show such class.  He is a class individual, always gracious and a very hard working kid who is a great example for everyone to follow.  He will be missed and I will keep on pulling for this young man wherever his path takes him.
I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule.

shouldvewrestled

---mama O'Malley

Could put X1000 on this post.

ramjet

Quote from: Asst. Coach on March 02, 2014, 01:05:14 AM
Not a surprise to see Mohamed show such class.  He is a class individual, always gracious and a very hard working kid who is a great example for everyone to follow.  He will be missed and I will keep on pulling for this young man wherever his path takes him.

Nicely said, my son wrestled Mohamed at the Purple Pummel last spring it was a really tough and close match in FS he was just as composed and gracious that day as I saw yesterday avery nice young man. That cradle was just really incredible and again I cannot say it enough how quick and precise he was in executing it. I was watching via the live feed and started screaming at the computer it was awesome and I know Scharenbrock was really surprised and he did good job to get out of it that pin seemed really close. Exciting match......

bigG

---mama O'Malley

Miss ya O'Mally. You still fightin'?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MarkK

Very impressed by the young man.  I was also noting an overall great tenor of sportsmanship throughout the kohl center
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

bigG

I watched the feed and was pleased how mature the wrestlers were I saw. Tough to swallow a broken dream for anyone. These boys showed they're men.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Wisconsinpitbull

No fights for me, bigG, too darn busy last two years to do anything but work. Looking for a new job and 100 acres to go hide on, then will have time to get back into watching wrestling, doing my gardening, getting my jiu jitsu on, and motorcycling...everything that's taken a back seat lately. Life is too short to not enjoy what you love to enjoy, so work is now getting the back seat treatment. :D
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.-Twain

spoonerwrestling

---mama O'Malley

Knew that as soon as I got home from Madison that I had to get on here to say the same thing! 

aarons23

I thought the same thing when I watched Mohamed's match...what a classy young man.  It's not the first time I have seem Mohamed act in this manner.  Congrats Mohamed...your a champion n my eyes.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.