I'm not #101

Started by stp, February 27, 2014, 07:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stp

Quote from: hammen on March 06, 2014, 04:38:59 PM
Pre was one of my inspirations when I was in high school. Small guy, didn't get opportunities to play in your typical sports (baseball, football) because of his size. Wasn't really built to be an athlete but put in a ton of hard work and had a lot of determination to be the best. What small guy wouldn't want to look up to him?

Pre coulda been one heck of a 'rassler.  He was nothing but lungs, muscles and one huge heart.

*A lot of wrestlers also make quality distance runners.  

Granted this is a Wisconsin forum and the link takes you to classic Ohio matches, you can find a handful of matches of UW alum Jim and Jeff Jordan when in HS.  

Below you can watch Jeff win his 3rd state title with one arm.... Later it was found out he had a separated shoulder.

*Jeff Jordan's match starts 19:30 in.
http://cable9.pegcentral.com/player.php?video=e41429aef40e8add793cceefa0e06c53
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

yaknowwhatimean?

Erik Halverson of Tomahawk wore a "Dells #2" shirt before finals in '91 when wrestling Maniecki.  I was standing by Maniecki when Halverson took off his warmups and showed off his new shirt.  Lets just say the big Pole was not amused by the shirt. LOL.  That is a big man to make mad right before you have to face him.

littleguy301

Quote from: yaknowwhatimean? on March 06, 2014, 07:00:12 PM
Erik Halverson of Tomahawk wore a "Dells #2" shirt before finals in '91 when wrestling Maniecki.  I was standing by Maniecki when Halverson took off his warmups and showed off his new shirt.  Lets just say the big Pole was not amused by the shirt. LOL.  That is a big man to make mad right before you have to face him.

I can see you now with that look on your face of, "what you going to do now"

Secertly you were happy his rage wasnt aim at you ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet