State

Started by Gizmo6, February 23, 2014, 08:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo6

The conference had great numbers this year, if my math is correct we are sending 18 kids to Madison. Great showing by the CWC.

switch_it

Yeah it is a large amount of qualifiers.  It may be ambitious but I think 10 or more could walk away with medals!

bergsada

WB
   120 – Ben Vosters
   126 – Bobby Uttecht
   152 – Braxton Potrykus
   160 – Alex Peplinski
   182 – August Peplinski
Bonduel
   113 – Garrett Siolka
   152 – Dan Tauchen
   170 – Jacob Wudtke
Shiocton
   138 – Austin Riehl
   182 – Henry Fielding
   195 – Dominic Gunderson
Manawa
   160 – Garrett Griffen
   220 – Casey Johnson
Menominee
   126 – Kyle Winker
   220 – Keenan Richmond
Almond-Bancraft/Pacelli
   220 - Jack Lawlis
Wega-Fremont
   132 – Oliver Radtke
   170 – Brandon Loehrke

padre

Quote from: switch_it on February 24, 2014, 10:43:22 AM
Yeah it is a large amount of qualifiers.  It may be ambitious but I think 10 or more could walk away with medals!

I agree...I could easily see 10 medals coming from this group.

Good luck to all the CWC wrestlers!!!!!

Victimizer

I agree 10 medals are  well with reach.
I have a friend up in Spooner, he said his buddies nephew wrestles for St Croix Falls at 120#, Wheeler. My friend said he is really good. I told him that Wheeler better strap it up, because that is a very tough looking weight class.  You are going to have to be a horse just to place.
Maybe  I'll crush your windpipe!!

padre

Quote from: Victimizer on February 26, 2014, 06:55:32 PM
I agree 10 medals are  well with reach.
I have a friend up in Spooner, he said his buddies nephew wrestles for St Croix Falls at 120#, Wheeler. My friend said he is really good. I told him that Wheeler better strap it up, because that is a very tough looking weight class.  You are going to have to be a horse just to place.

Wheeler is a stud...it is a rough weight class no doubt.  Benny will give it his all.

Gizmo6

He has shown that he is tough enough to wrestle with anyone I wouldn't bet against ben. If braxton wins friday night he should be a champion!!!  ;D

switch_it

The conference goes 9-6 on the first evening.  Clearly had a few big wins and a couple losses that were very close.  Best of luck to the 12 remaining wrestlers tomorrow!

Chuck

Monday and still no update by padre. Must still be trying to get his suit off.

padre

Was impressed by the conference...Bonduel really came to wrestle and having 2 state finalists is unbelievable. 

All of the kids showed the top of our conference is right there with the rest of the schools...just have to work on numbers throughout and maybe this will help.

I am glad I had to buy a suit that fits.  ;D   The weekend for Braxton was deserved as he worked his butt off to the fullest extent this year and was happy to see him rewarded.  With Team State there is little time to enjoy it at this time but we will in the weeks to come. 

August was so darn close to state finals and I think will win a couple titles if he stays healthy and Bobby wrestled his rear off to place in a very tough bracket.