Brackets are up!

Started by crossface21, February 22, 2014, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlinglife1

Nelson does not pin Williams. I know much better technical wrestlers that have beat Williams, but couldn't pin him. My opinion.

wrestling135

Quote from: Hoople on February 23, 2014, 01:52:45 PM
Nelson will pin Williams at 145.
Nielson will completly controle  the match vs Williams for all 6 minutes but wont pin him. Watched williams  earlier this year at Mt. Horeb vs he looked great against kids he was expected to beat up on but wrestled schmit in the finals and was man handled. It was a tight score but williams wasn't once in position to score. Expect a close one but Williams nevet really getting anything going. >:( :-\

aarons23

Quote from: wrestlinglife1 on February 23, 2014, 05:00:54 PM
Nelson does not pin Williams. I know much better technical wrestlers that have beat Williams, but couldn't pin him. My opinion.

I'll bet Nelson pins you.  ;D
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

imwi

HMsDad

Bottom half of the D1 106 bracket by rank has
1-2-5-6-11-13-14. Only one not ranked. Going to be fun.

ICEMAN112

Quote from: wrestling135 on February 23, 2014, 06:16:40 PM
Nielson will completly controle  the match vs Williams for all 6 minutes but wont pin him. Watched williams  earlier this year at Mt. Horeb vs he looked great against kids he was expected to beat up on but wrestled schmit in the finals and was man handled. It was a tight score but williams wasn't once in position to score. Expect a close one but Williams nevet really getting anything going. >:( :-\
Your analysis is accurate as your spelling :D
Insider info: Williams had only been wrestling for 2.5 weeks prior to Mt Horeb.  He dislocated his kneecap at Preseason Nationals. Not making excuses but there is a reason they wrestle matches at State and matches 2 months ago mean nothing. Keep up the negative posts...it motivates others. Schmid and Nelson are very good wrestlers. They should be because they put the work in and are Juniors. This Freshman also has put the work in and earned his way to State after a huge injury.

Hand Control

Won't you feel dumb when this doesn't happen. I will have to go with Wrestlinglife1 on this one and say that the pin will NOT happen. And it is a shame you had to call a shot like this to a freshman making it to state in a tough weight class. Even if Nelson gets the pin in this match, your not going to earn any respect points. And I am sure that when the smoke is cleared these two young athletes will still both be two of the best in our state. As well as the other 14 in that same bracket. So do me a favor and take your comments down a notch. THANKS

wrestling135

Quote from: ICEMAN112 on February 23, 2014, 08:21:12 PM

Insider info: Williams had only been wrestling for 2.5 weeks prior to Mt Horeb.  He dislocated his kneecap at Preseason Nationals. Not making excuses but there is a reason they wrestle matches at State and matches 2 months ago mean nothing. Keep up the negative posts...it motivates others. Schmid and Nelson are very good wrestlers. They should be because they put the work in and are Juniors. This Freshman also has put the work in and earned his way to State after a huge injury.

No one told me I had to pass english class to have an account on the fourm. :-[
Did I say i have been watching the kid through out the year? Nope
All I said was I seen him at mt horeb earlier this year and dont think he will match up with joe . Sure he may have been injured and didn't wrestle to his full potential. Like u said that's why they have the regular season and post season. That would be cool if he proved me wrong and made some noise at state. I love seeing freshmen rise to the occasion.

ICEMAN112

Quote from: wrestling135 on February 23, 2014, 11:08:14 PM
Quote from: ICEMAN112 on February 23, 2014, 08:21:12 PM
Nielson will completly controle  the match vs Williams for all 6 minutes but wont pin him. Watched williams  earlier this year at Mt. Horeb vs he looked great against kids he was expected to beat up on but wrestled schmit in the finals and was man handled. It was a tight score but williams wasn't once in position to score. Expect a close one but Williams nevet really getting anything going. >:( :-

No one told me I had to pass english class to have an account on the fourm. :-[
Did I say i have been watching the kid through out the year? Nope
All I said was I seen him at mt horeb earlier this year and dont think he will match up with joe . Sure he may have been injured and didn't wrestle to his full potential. Like u said that's why they have the regular season and post season. That would be cool if he proved me wrong and made some noise at state. I love seeing freshmen rise to the occasion.
[/quote

I guess I can't read - I don't recall you just saying he won't match up with Joe. Remember its a public forum and there are wrestlers reading these comments. Most of us will let the boys decide who wins and leave the trash talking off the forum. I just wanted to thank you because it added a little more motivation.

Quick Stat for State - There are 12 Freshman at D1 and only 2 after 138. In my opinion thats pretty impressive.

Win or Lose

Signed,
Proud Dad

maggie

Wrestling135, you say you know MUCH better Technical wrestlers,  :o..please explain how you can be MUCH more Technical that a National Champion?   :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

wrestling135

Quote from: maggie on February 24, 2014, 06:21:13 AM
Wrestling135, you say you know MUCH better Technical wrestlers,  :o..please explain how you can be MUCH more Technical that a National Champion?   :)
Easy, a nstional champ that won fargo;)

maggie

Not so easy...ok, set me straight...who won a What @ Fargo...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

The Last Ride

Bottom line is a freshman or sophomore making it at 145 or higher is very impressive. Not sure whay there are people saying that Nelson ranked number one is going to pin a freshman. Is is because he happens to be a good freshman? That is not the best draw Williams could have got but it is what it is. Williams will have a great opportunity to wrestle a great wrestler first round. And looking at the back side if he loses he has a great oportunity to be on the podium. One match at a time.

145 has some tough first round matches. Look at sophomore Powell, he wins his sectional and gets Schmid first round becuase he lost in the finals at sectionals to Nelson.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

boowrestle

HMSdad// throw the rankings and records out the window,all 16 kids are now ranked ;)
you can run but you cannot hide.

Jim Rockford

Quote from: wrestling135 on February 24, 2014, 06:47:29 AM
Quote from: maggie on February 24, 2014, 06:21:13 AM
Easy, a nstional champ that won fargo;)

I am guessing he is saying it is either Breske or Bird since they won last year at Fargo, but Nelson also has won a National Championship at Fargo as well so I wouldn't say they are more technical than Nelson. ;D