Brackets are up!

Started by crossface21, February 22, 2014, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: Scooter67 on February 23, 2014, 12:18:27 PM
Aarons, I think he was being sarcastic/humorous and meant 4 total weight classes!

+1
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Quote from: aarons23 on February 23, 2014, 10:21:48 AM
Quote from: ramjet on February 23, 2014, 10:07:13 AM
Quote from: aarons23 on February 23, 2014, 09:05:24 AM
Ghetto will base argument on forfeits from regionals.....he should be arguing for super sectional and support for Jv state....not cutting opportunities for high school kids.  Should be arguing for more flexibility in scheduling to match teams up better.  

No offense intended here Aaron but this talk about opportunity is a weak and unfounded perception here is why;

Every wrestler has many opportunities, they compete on weekly basis and have the off season opportunity to prepare and improve they have the entire season of opportunities to better themselves. They have the opportunity wrestle in Conference, they have the opportunity to win at Regionals and if they have the commitment, dedication the drive to take advantage of all the opportunities to It improve and get good enough to advance then you have the opportunity to advance to the State Tournament.

The opportunity to advance to the State Tournament is not Guaranteed the path has plenty of opportunity and those would not diminish if the weight classes were reduced to align with College weight classes.

Of course I guess we could just hand everyone a trophy at the Regionals and make them ALL State Champions?  ::)

Reducing Weight Classes is great opportunity to improve the competitive level of the sport and actually with the JV program expansion to include 8th grade would increase the opportunities.

I will respond more thoroughly to this later....but please point out to me which wrestlers and weight classes dont deserve to be in state tournament this year.....its opportunity.

I did not say that I just said your argument for opportunity is weak but you always try and turn it around that "you are against the the kids" argument.

It could easily be argued that cutting weight classes could open more opportunity in that it would force schools to look closer at Jr Varsity and get kids development so later on they can compete at higher level in the later years and it would also include more matches for middle school and Jr Varsity. But you would rather try and turn this into some emotional weak argument that kids will be hurt by this you are wrong plain and simple.

I also would like to know where you were when the middle weights was cut few years ago and lost of kids lost so called opportunity? Its a weak argument the opportunity is still there just at different weight.

Hoople

Nelson will pin Williams at 145.

boowrestle

Dont sleep on Williams!!!! ;)
you can run but you cannot hide.

jw52

You start overlooking kids at the state meet, you will find yourself on the consolation side in a hurry. Definately a tough draw for the Frosh tho...

AmerysFinest

Wow! There will be some upsets just watch, some guys who you would never think will finish victorious

bud

Zach Smith got a nice draw
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

aarons23

Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

WrestlingIsLife

D3 113 Will be fun to watch this year with defending state champ falling to freshman Cal Hanson from Deerfield

bud

Thorton better be ready Smith is a giant killer

ICEMAN112

Quote from: Hoople on February 23, 2014, 01:52:45 PM
Nelson will pin Williams at 145.
I love how the trash talk starts. Since Connor hasn't been pinned all year thats quite the statement. Win or Lose Connor will leave it all on the mat and will make someone earn it. 40 wins with 25 pins. I guess he should be overlooked. ;D

Coach N.Ryan

Quote from: bud on February 23, 2014, 02:51:37 PM
Thorton better be ready Smith is a giant killer

My boy Benny Thorton by a major... at least.

bud

That's say'in a lot coach ryan

Coach N.Ryan

Quote from: bud on February 23, 2014, 04:09:17 PM
That's say'in a lot coach ryan

I am kidding. I think Ben will win, but Smith from Port Washington is a fantastic wrestler I am definitely not taking anything away from him! I am excited for this week of wrestling, it should be terrific!

bud

How about those first three out of the chute for Amery. Must be great practice partners. I look for those to make some noise in Madison, and the 120 is small!!