Brackets are up!

Started by crossface21, February 22, 2014, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

the upper brackets are the toughest we have seen in quite some time..in all Divisions..
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

CLC FAN

Quote from: aarons23 on February 23, 2014, 07:58:58 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on February 23, 2014, 07:48:16 AM
From top to bottom 106 in D1 might be one of the toughest brackets out there.

Yep... and some still argue we need to cut weight classes. ..

Yeah... some foolish person might argue that we shouldn't drive decisions about a sport based on what's best for the 16 best kids at a given weight.  They might be so crazy as to say that we look at the bigger picture of filling a team, having more parity, having duals that aren't an embarrassment to HS sports, allowing a full JV to be built and flourish among most/all programs.  Don't know who would make any of those arguments, but someone might.

aarons23

Quote from: CLC FAN on February 23, 2014, 08:43:32 AM
Quote from: aarons23 on February 23, 2014, 07:58:58 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on February 23, 2014, 07:48:16 AM
From top to bottom 106 in D1 might be one of the toughest brackets out there.

Yep... and some still argue we need to cut weight classes. ..

Yeah... some foolish person might argue that we shouldn't drive decisions about a sport based on what's best for the 16 best kids at a given weight.  They might be so crazy as to say that we look at the bigger picture of filling a team, having more parity, having duals that aren't an embarrassment to HS sports, allowing a full JV to be built and flourish among most/all programs.  Don't know who would make any of those arguments, but someone might.

Or some might argue that small school like Random Lake are doing a great job fielding teams and being successful doing it....cutting weight classes is lazy mans way of filling teams.  It only strengthens stronger teams...does not guarantee less forfeits and will undoubtedly hurt the lowest weight class.  

CLC....doesn't your junior class have like 12 boys in entire school?
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

aarons23

Ghetto will base argument on forfeits from regionals.....he should be arguing for super sectional and support for Jv state....not cutting opportunities for high school kids.  Should be arguing for more flexibility in scheduling to match teams up better. 
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Ghetto

Man there are some tough brackets in D1. I'm not making this argument here.

Never considered myself lazy tho. Except right now, when I really should be doing some wash.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

maggie

Ha, I'm doing some wash right now too ghetto! Just went down stairs and tossed it into the dryer.. ;) hoots look god today, heading to do a little Gambling.  ;)

ramjet

Quote from: aarons23 on February 23, 2014, 09:05:24 AM
Ghetto will base argument on forfeits from regionals.....he should be arguing for super sectional and support for Jv state....not cutting opportunities for high school kids.  Should be arguing for more flexibility in scheduling to match teams up better.  

No offense intended here Aaron but this talk about opportunity is a weak and unfounded perception here is why;

Every wrestler has many opportunities, they compete on weekly basis and have the off season opportunity to prepare and improve they have the entire season of opportunities to better themselves. They have the opportunity wrestle in Conference, they have the opportunity to win at Regionals and if they have the commitment, dedication the drive to take advantage of all the opportunities to improve and get good enough to advance then you have the opportunity to advance to the State Tournament.

The opportunity to advance to the State Tournament is not Guaranteed the path has plenty of opportunity and those would not diminish if the weight classes were reduced to align with College weight classes.

Of course I guess we could just hand everyone a trophy at the Regionals and make them ALL State Champions?  ::)

Reducing Weight Classes is great opportunity to improve the competitive level of the sport and actually with the JV program expansion to include 8th grade would increase the opportunities.

aarons23

Quote from: ramjet on February 23, 2014, 10:07:13 AM
Quote from: aarons23 on February 23, 2014, 09:05:24 AM
Ghetto will base argument on forfeits from regionals.....he should be arguing for super sectional and support for Jv state....not cutting opportunities for high school kids.  Should be arguing for more flexibility in scheduling to match teams up better.  

No offense intended here Aaron but this talk about opportunity is a weak and unfounded perception here is why;

Every wrestler has many opportunities, they compete on weekly basis and have the off season opportunity to prepare and improve they have the entire season of opportunities to better themselves. They have the opportunity wrestle in Conference, they have the opportunity to win at Regionals and if they have the commitment, dedication the drive to take advantage of all the opportunities to It improve and get good enough to advance then you have the opportunity to advance to the State Tournament.

The opportunity to advance to the State Tournament is not Guaranteed the path has plenty of opportunity and those would not diminish if the weight classes were reduced to align with College weight classes.

Of course I guess we could just hand everyone a trophy at the Regionals and make them ALL State Champions?  ::)

Reducing Weight Classes is great opportunity to improve the competitive level of the sport and actually with the JV program expansion to include 8th grade would increase the opportunities.

I will respond more thoroughly to this later....but please point out to me which wrestlers and weight classes dont deserve to be in state tournament this year.....its opportunity.

It's very strenuous! 

boowrestle

Ramjet question for you.When you say align with college wts are you saying you think lightest wt class should be around 125lbs?????Iam partial to the light wts(i have a son in the Div1 106lbs state bracket) iam not going to say its the toughest bracket but going to say it definately looks awful competitive,what are we suppose to tell these 16 kids and the 16 kids at 113/120."Iam sorry but you guys are really good but you are just too small to participate! ???
you can run but you cannot hide.

maggie

Trever certainly does have a tough match..hoping to send him the hometown boy get a shot at each out her...

Ghetto

Now that I've obsessed over the brackets, I'm gonna start an argument and just say it.

D1 106 is the best weight class in the state tournament from top to bottom at every level.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

If we cut back to 4 weight classes, every school could field a full team.  It would be great for the sport.   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

aarons23

Quote from: imnofish on February 23, 2014, 11:46:05 AM
If we cut back to 4 weight classes, every school could field a full team.  It would be great for the sport.   ;)

Really. ...you have something that supports this? 

It's very strenuous! 

Scooter67

Aarons, I think he was being sarcastic/humorous and meant 4 total weight classes!

imnofish

Quote from: aarons23 on February 23, 2014, 11:55:26 AM
Quote from: imnofish on February 23, 2014, 11:46:05 AM

Really. ...you have something that supports this? 

Sarcasm.  See the winky face?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!