92- 3
103- Underwood, 125-Brunke, 145-Dehlinger

93- 4
112-Underwood, 135-Brunke, 140-Zinkovich, 160-Ange

94- 4
119-Underwood, 145-Brunke, 152-Zinkovich, 189-Ange

95- 3
125-Underwood, 130-Natzke, 189-Ange
ahhhh..... That is a pretty good run! :)
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

OneEyedFatMan

What was the Buddha doing right?  Must have been everything, including finding great kids.

Quote from: Dale on February 21, 2014, 09:09:58 AM
Athens champs

91- 3
119-Zinkovich, 125-Marohl, 145-Diethelm

92- 3
103- Underwood, 125-Brunke, 145-Dehlinger

93- 4
112-Underwood, 135-Brunke, 140-Zinkovich, 160-Ange

94- 4
119-Underwood, 145-Brunke, 152-Zinkovich, 189-Ange

95- 3
125-Underwood, 130-Natzke, 189-Ange
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

imnofish

Sounds like a lot more going on behind the scenes than we could ascertain via that article.  It does appear that the parents of these kids are making the decision to move to wherever they want their kids to go to school.  That's why they came to Apple Valley and that's why they left.  If your program has such a high national reputation, you don't need to recruit... 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Big House

Hill-Murry hockey has been doing it for years ... How about kids showing up here in Rapids? ... what's wrong with families moving to an area where their kids have the best opportunity? 

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

hasbeen

There's nothing wrong with a parent taking their kid to a school to give them the best chance, but then there is nothing wrong with pointing out that some of the kids winning titles for that school came there just for the wrestling. Every year we compare how many make it to state, place, and win championships from a single school. When a school gets to the point where Rapids was you are going to have people question how many were born there. (Even if most of the kids on the team were.)

npope

I think part of the issue is that if a parent is willing to move their kid for the "best opportunities" then maybe they should be basing that decision on something more important than sports (like an education). And while parents certainly have their right to raise their kids any way they feel is proper, that doesn't prevent others from having opinions about the values being exemplified and extolled by those choices, e.g., sports are more important than academics.

Additionally, there is the issue of magnet schools in sports creating an unfair "playing field." Some schools end up with an excess of talent (for whatever reason) and thus, possess an unfair advantage in competition. I am not judging the efforts or success of a coach or his program - success is a fine goal. My point is that the influx of significant athletic talent from other school districts (or even states in the case of Apple Valley) creates competitive imbalances and arguably elevates sports participation to something beyond that which has been envisioned by sporting associations (such as the WIAA) that have rules that seek to inhibit those outcomes.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

littleguy301

Quote from: Big House on March 04, 2014, 10:29:47 AM
Hill-Murry hockey has been doing it for years ... How about kids showing up here in Rapids? ... what's wrong with families moving to an area where their kids have the best opportunity? 

I think you left out the fact that is cost 15K a year to go to Hill Murray plus your cost in transportation.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Spartan

Quote from: Big House on March 04, 2014, 12:05:43 PM
Blair Academy?

Blair Academy is a Prep School. That is why the WIAA had a bird when they wrestled in the Cheesehead, because they are not affiliated with New Jersey High school athletic association.