elite clubs

Started by iowa, February 13, 2014, 09:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iowa

Possibly relocating in the fall to Marshfield area.  Just wondering about the type of clubs available.  Have a boy who is on top of the national scene and needing to find best club, partners in that area.  Also willing to drive if needed.

bulldog

HI Iowa...marshfield is a great place. PM me if you want some information but in my opinion you have an opportunity at some of the best club opportunities in Wisconsin. First off 3x Olympian Dennis Hall lives in Stevens Point and runs his World Gold Wrestling club out of Stevens Point. That alone is worth the move. Coach Hall runs club practices from Pre-season starting in September through March for Folkstyle and then he jumps into Greco/Freestyle training from March through May. Also Joe Ramsey offers local instruction through Ramsey's International School of Wrestling. Joe is great. And Merrill runs Northern Exposure club for Greco/Freestyle training that starts after the youth folkstyle tournament. How old are your wrestlers? That may make a difference on where you go. You could not go wrong at any place but Coach Hall is one of the best instructors out there. With all of these opportunities you could almost have your wrestler on the mat 5-7 days a week if you wanted and only drive 30 minutes from Marshfield.

Vinsanity 4

+1 beat me to the punch Bulldog :-)

bulldog

I tell my boys every night how lucky they are to have the level of training available in Central Wisconsin. I know there are wrestlers in other parts of the state that go to bed every night just wishing they could have a mat to practice on or a throwing dummy to keep them warm.

tim krause

where by marshfield area you thinking    the crass boys also run the weigh in club by eau claire  and do a great job