Wesley Schultz dropping to 182?

Started by badgerfan3, February 12, 2014, 11:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justathought

Quote from: neutral on February 14, 2014, 01:51:25 PM
Quote from: Justathought on February 14, 2014, 10:58:50 AM
Definitely agree with Pedro, bad move! He wants the competition, he will get it! Wrestling at 195 lbs and 182 lbs are different...Where was he all year if he wanted the challenge. Hawkinson deserves to be there and has worked all year to be a great wrestler. How is Forrest going to gain the mass and weight healthy in 2 weeks? "Big House" you must not know the wrestlers in the 182 lb bracket? I have personally seen some of the most "ripped" wrestlers at that weight in Wisconsin... by the way you can be "ripped" but if your not a athlete, you will not get very far!!

My guess is that Hawkinson has known this has been coming for more than just recently.

It is unfortunate that Schultz's will impact him - but it's no different than any wrestler challenging for any spot in any given week.  If Schultz can beat Hawkinson for 182 ... it's his spot.   

By the way - Hawkinson won the Big 8 championship at 195 last weekend.  Maybe he's been starving himself to make 182 all year ... and will be a brute at 195.

Yes, that is how it works in wrestling but as seniors I would have hoped for better team support. Who know's..."Big House" sorry I was unaware that anyone knew "everything" Congratulations! I watched Hawkinson win the Big 8 Championship and I couldn't be happier for him!!

harley

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

imnofish

Quote from: Big House on February 17, 2014, 11:36:02 AM
I know more than most ...

In fact, now that you are modest, you're perfect, right?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wease

Wesley Schultz wrestled at 195 and 220 through the conference while barely weighing 190. Hawkinson and Schultz naturally are the same weight but Schultz wrestled up for the team. Dropping to 182 after the conference tourney was always in the plan. Wesley Schultz is a team player and also a ripped D-1 State Champion! Bam!

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

boowrestle

I would love to see a Schultz vs Resinger or Risch(195lb finalists) matchup,jmo i think either one of them would slow schultz down which would make for interesting matchups.
you can run but you cannot hide.

wease

They might slow him down but not beat him!