Wesley Schultz dropping to 182?

Started by badgerfan3, February 12, 2014, 11:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerfan3

Just wondering why Wesley Schultz would drop to what looks to be a tougher weight class?  Especially when ranked #1 at 195 with almost all pins!

maggie

Deforest isn't far from sun P.....maybe he knows something w don't?..or maybe he doesn't like the looks of the young man ahead of him..maybe he just feels more comfortable there...who know...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Big House

I know for a fact that he's dropping down.  Says he wants a challenge. 
He's looking ripped after dropping those last few pound too.  Get ready 182 pounders!
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

neutral

It looks to me like he's ranked #2 @ 195 ... behind Jordan Reisinger.

Maybe he likes his chances against everybody @ 182 better than his chances against Reisinger. 
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

scrub4life1234

I believe not to get Schultz down or nothing. I just don't think he would beat Reisinger so it's a smart move.

boowrestle

Jmo,and iam not ripping on anybody at 182lbs,but i believe 195lbs is the tougher wt class this season.
you can run but you cannot hide.

NWIS

Quote from: Big House on February 12, 2014, 12:40:50 PM
I know for a fact that he's dropping down.  Says he wants a challenge. 
He's looking ripped after dropping those last few pound too.  Get ready 182 pounders!

What??? No pop stirring is needed up north? ;D ;D

supportyouthsports

TomM

I'm thinking he just may win all the rest!  Go for it!
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Big House

Quote from: NWIS on February 13, 2014, 08:33:26 AM
What??? No pop stirring is needed up north? ;D ;D

Pop stirring?  Up north we call it pot stirring ... our soda is usually frozen all winter!

Occasionally my travels take me to balmy southern Wisconsin though ... I hear things ...
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

Justathought

Definitely agree with Pedro, bad move! He wants the competition, he will get it! Wrestling at 195 lbs and 182 lbs are different...Where was he all year if he wanted the challenge. Hawkinson deserves to be there and has worked all year to be a great wrestler. How is Forrest going to gain the mass and weight healthy in 2 weeks? "Big House" you must not know the wrestlers in the 182 lb bracket? I have personally seen some of the most "ripped" wrestlers at that weight in Wisconsin... by the way you can be "ripped" but if your not a athlete, you will not get very far!!

Big House

Quote from: Justathought on February 14, 2014, 10:58:50 AM
"Big House" you must not know ...

That's the dumbest comment EVER!  Anyone on here knows that I know EVERYTHING!

DocWrestling

I personally think 195 is the deeper tougher weight class compared to 182 but I do think the wrestling is quite different at those two weight classes.  182 is more strength and technique combined where 195 is getting more like 220 and 285 with strength and brute and less explosiveness.  Generalities of course but different styles it seems.  Schultz was at 170 last year so should not be a huge change.

Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

neutral

Quote from: Justathought on February 14, 2014, 10:58:50 AM
Definitely agree with Pedro, bad move! He wants the competition, he will get it! Wrestling at 195 lbs and 182 lbs are different...Where was he all year if he wanted the challenge. Hawkinson deserves to be there and has worked all year to be a great wrestler. How is Forrest going to gain the mass and weight healthy in 2 weeks? "Big House" you must not know the wrestlers in the 182 lb bracket? I have personally seen some of the most "ripped" wrestlers at that weight in Wisconsin... by the way you can be "ripped" but if your not a athlete, you will not get very far!!

My guess is that Hawkinson has known this has been coming for more than just recently.

It is unfortunate that Schultz's will impact him - but it's no different than any wrestler challenging for any spot in any given week.  If Schultz can beat Hawkinson for 182 ... it's his spot.   

By the way - Hawkinson won the Big 8 championship at 195 last weekend.  Maybe he's been starving himself to make 182 all year ... and will be a brute at 195.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."