State Qualifiers

Started by fall9, February 12, 2014, 10:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fall9

That time of year, who from the conference is all gonna make it out?

padre

Don't want to discount anyone's chances but on a good day I think W-B can get as many as 6 through.  We will have some excellent wrestlers going home after sectionals unfortunately but they have all had excellent years individually. 

I know Bonduel has some excellent individuals in a bit of trouble at regionals with their brackets that will have a great shot to get to state if they can just place top 2 there...good luck to the Bears.

Shiocton I would think would get three through(Gunderson, Fielding, Riehl).

Others with a shot....

Johnson(Manawa)
Griffin(Manawa)
Warzynski(A-B/P)
Winker(Men)
Loerke(Wega)
Lawlis(A-B/P)

fall9

after regionals i think the picture is a little clearer.

106- i dont believe anyone in our conference is besides potrykus makes it out
113-urugruhart and siolka both have a tough draw but i believe siolka will make it with herb from shiocton having a very outside chance
120- vosters being the only one here
126- winker has a meat grinder here but could make it, with wollenberg too. Uttecht should have no problem making it
132-no one here
138-Riehl will by no means have an easy day, plus has a tough draw of ozak off the bat, should make it through though here
145-weak weight this year for our conference, sorry no one makes it
152-obviously portrykus should make it here, but an interesting match to watch would be tauchen/gunderson. Winner here gets in and i think will be good to watch.
160-we get the great rematch right away with sokolski and griffin facing off first round possibly for the third spot in the bracket. Peplinski also has a tough bracket but the freshman could take the second or third spot
171- Loehrke and wudtke both should make it here
182-Peplinski should be in, and I believe this bracket is fieldings too lose
195- gunderson should be in here
220- richmond and johnson could be the match for third, and johnson has won every meeting this year with him. Lawlis has a great shot at making it out of the seymour sectional. 220 is a weaker weight at the sectional
285- couple of guys here could compete Thompson, maybe bork. Warzynksi should make it as well

Looks like we have good representation from the conference and look forward to some great matches this weekend!

padre

106- Not this year. :(
113- Siolka has an excellent shot and Urquhart also is set up to possibly sneak in
120- Vosters should get in but will have to beat a solid kid in semis to make sure
126-  Wollenberg vs. Winker for 3rd spot.  Uttecht has a great chance but can't stumble in semis.
132- None
138- I think Riehl gets in but has a very tough first round opponent that he cannot slip up against
145- None
152- Potrykus has a tough sectional and will need to stay focused in semis. I think Tauchen gets in the 2nd or 3rd slot.
160- Most likely Griffin vs. Sokolski for 3rd spot but wouldn't be that surprised if Griffin can get his wind back and gets to the finals.  Odd to say you'd be surprised if a frosh doesn't get in at such a big weight but would be surprised if Peplinski didn't make it.
170- Balanced weight class....Wudtke, Loehrke and Kreger need some mild upsets to get through
182- Peplinski looks solid and should get through but has a major test in the semis.  Fielding looks like he will get in but I would not call him the favorite to win the weight class....couple guys in that class that are very tough.
195- I think Gunderson gets second place to get through.
220- Johnson gets in
285- Warzynski has a shot to get in the 3rd position.