Madison

Started by CLC FAN, February 09, 2014, 07:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutwrench

What you can't tell from rankings and records is the level of competition these kids have had.  The CLC has proven over the years to be a super tough conference where the competition is such that it elevates everybody's level of ability.  Past years have proven that a CLC wrestler will come out victorious vs. a kid from another conference with a similiar record. 

It will be fun to watch all the CLC kids take the mat Saturday.  Give it your all!

hiptoss

what do the qualifiers do at madison? placewinners? finalists? champions?

rock300

It's hard to tell what the guys will do down at State, it's all about who comes ready to wrestle. The CLC definitely has some wrestlers capable of big things in Madison, though. It will be exciting to watch!

CLC FAN

I would think the Oz 3 who placed last year are all threats to finish top 3 (Kraus, Large, and Beckmann).  Random Lake should get place finishes out of most of their returning placewinners (B Depies, Mudlaff, Gottsacker, Risse, & Anklam) and maybe another one or two.  Still, all those guys have to wrestle well.  Just having done it last year is no guarantee. 

Less than 6 I would say is disappointing for this crop of talent, 10 is a great year.  I'm excited to see what new guys break through.

Gutwrench

Congrats to all the State Qualifiers!!  Here's the list.....

106  Depies RL 1st
       Watry Oz 2nd

113  Loomans Oo 2nd
       Kohn RL 3rd

120  Depies RL 1st
       Brockman CG 2nd

126  Mudlaff RL 1st
       Kraus Oz 2nd

132  Large Oz 1st
       Stepniewski RL 3rd

138  Gottsacker RL 1st

160  Beckmann Oz 1st

170  Gottsacker Oz 3rd

182  Wenzel CG 1st
       Verbanac RL 3rd

195  Klein RL 2nd

285  Anklam RL 1st

CLC FAN

There were also 7 CLC wrestlers who took 4th, finishing one place short of qualifying:
106 Perko from EL
138 Hughes from Oz
145 Behn from RL
152 Zichitella from OZ
160 Vandenbush from RL
170 Risse from RL
220 Hackl from Oo

Congratulations to all those moving on, and great season to everyone who is done for this year.

rock300

State brackets are up! Some impressive performances from the CLC yesterday, definitely some guys that will be placing very high down at the state tournament, should be exciting to watch...I agree with CLC about possible placewinners, Random should have 4 or 5 placewinners, and I'd say each of Ozaukee's returning placewinners should be looking at top 3 (also wouldn't be surprised if Watry and/or Gottsacker place for Ozaukee, both guys have decent draws at state)

hiptoss

17/42 state qualifiers from the clc... pretty impressive number.

CLC FAN

9 guys going Thursday night.  This has been an historically tough round for the CLC.  I'm hoping more than 1/2 to move on to Friday.

hasbeen

I agree it hasn't been a fun round to watch in the past. It has been well documented that our sectional isn't the deepest so it isn't suprising that our 2nd place qualifiers don't always match up that well with some other sectionals' 3rd place kids. This year, though, I think 4 of our 5 2nd place qualifiers can win. I don't, however, see any of the 3rd place qualifiers moving on to Friday. Prove me wrong boys...

hammen

CLC wrestlers - get after it right away tomorrow. Keep on the offense and make the moment. I see (and experienced) too many of the tops wrestlers holding back, afraid to lose. Be excited to win, excited to compete in front of thousands of fans. It's probably the only opportunity any of you will have to compete in front of such a crowd, and many people will be watching you wrestle for the first ever. Let them know what you're about.

OZGrad

Going back to what hiptoss has asked, I believe RL has the best chance to leave Madison with a Champion in Anklam. Tough because he has split matches with Mishicot in recent weeks, and as everyone knows if a heavyweight ends up on his back, the match may certainly be over. Next best chance goes to Beckmann from OZ. With Karban in semis the road in definitely rough. Karban won by Maj. at State a year ago. That being said amazing things can occur at the Kohl Center and anything can happen. I see 3-4 placing for OZ and 4-5 for RL.  Possibly 1 from both CG and OO but they both must wrestle very well. May be some tough Conference matchups to place and in placing rounds. I am very excited to watch these boys wrestle this weekend, and good luck to all CLC wrestlers!

hasbeen

I think 6 place winners from RL

CrossAnkle

Quote from: OZGrad on February 26, 2014, 10:16:36 PM
Going back to what hiptoss has asked, I believe RL has the best chance to leave Madison with a Champion in Anklam. Tough because he has split matches with Mishicot in recent weeks, and as everyone knows if a heavyweight ends up on his back, the match may certainly be over. Next best chance goes to Beckmann from OZ. With Karban in semis the road in definitely rough. Karban won by Maj. at State a year ago. That being said amazing things can occur at the Kohl Center and anything can happen. I see 3-4 placing for OZ and 4-5 for RL.  Possibly 1 from both CG and OO but they both must wrestle very well. May be some tough Conference matchups to place and in placing rounds. I am very excited to watch these boys wrestle this weekend, and good luck to all CLC wrestlers!

I agree! I'm a big fan of Anklam, I think he will come out on top!

CLC FAN

Congrats to all the placewinners from the Central Lakeshore Conference.

106 Josh Depies Random Lake 2nd
120 Brandon Depies Random Lake 4th
126 Jon Mudlaff Random Lake 4th
126 Colton Krause Ozaukee 5th
132 Cole Large Ozaukee 5th
138 Trent Gottsacker Random Lake 4th
160 Kevin Beckmann Ozaukee 4th
182 Greg Wenzel Cedar Grove-Belgium 6th
195 Nick Klein Random Lake 2nd
285 Reed Anklam Random Lake 1st