Madison

Started by CLC FAN, February 09, 2014, 07:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

So who moves on to Madison as individuals from the CLC?  Will we have an all-CLC showdown in the Team Sectional Finals?

With Ozaukee in the Dodgeland Regional, that opens things up a bit, but there will be some weights at the Random Lake regional where a past state-qualifier might be sitting at home.  138 with Gottsacker, Bonebrake, and Cracraft from Mishicot fits this bill.  182 and 195 look similarly tough.  The CLC has a long history of performing very well at sectionals and sending around 20 representatives to state.  Anyone want to crank out 20 names they think will be making the trip?

PCA

106-Depies, Watry
113-Kohn
120-Depies
126-Kraus, Mudlaff
132-Large, Stepniewski
138-Gottsacker
145-Behn
160-Beckmann
170-Risse, Gottsacker
182-Wenzel
195-Blok
220-Hackl
285-Anklam

I say 17

Fabulous Falcons

138-Brock Bonebrake Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah

Best named wrestler in the state. . .the Kohl Center will love this kid. :-)

Howard Ruff: "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

hiptoss

PCA, what do those guys place if they do?

RollTide

Quote from: PCA on February 09, 2014, 08:10:11 PM
106-Depies, Watry
113-Kohn
120-Depies
126-Kraus, Mudlaff
132-Large, Stepniewski
138-Gottsacker
145-Behn
160-Beckmann
170-Risse, Gottsacker
182-Wenzel
195-Blok
220-Hackl
285-Anklam

I say 17

I'd probably add Brockman at 120

hasbeen

Quote from: PCA on February 09, 2014, 08:10:11 PM
106-Depies, Watry
113-Kohn
120-Depies
126-Kraus, Mudlaff
132-Large, Stepniewski
138-Gottsacker
145-Behn
160-Beckmann
170-Risse, Gottsacker
182-Wenzel
195-Blok
220-Hackl
285-Anklam

I say 17

To make it 20 I'd add:

120-Brockman
182-Verbanac
195-Klein

hiptoss

either klein or blok will lose to steinhorst from kewaunee so it'll be a battle between those two to get out of the regional... so only klein or blok qualify

hasbeen

Your right...then I'd say 220 - Lewis

Gutwrench

Looking at the sectional brackets, I'll go with the following.....

106  Depies RL, Watry Oz
120  Depies RL, Brockman CG
126  Mudlaff RL, Kraus Oz
132  Large Oz
138  Gottsacker RL
160  Beckmann Oz
170  Risse RL
182  Wenzel CG
220  Hackl Oo
285  Anklam RL

13 qualifiers.... :P
There are some wicked brackets.

hasbeen

I think you're missing a few.

113 Kohn
132 Stepnewski
182 Verbanac

and probably another to make it 17. (10 from RL)

CLC FAN

Agree with hasbeen.

Also, I think at 170, either Gottsacker or Ebeling makes it also.

At 195, it's certainly a tough bracket, but Klein has wins against both Zehnder and Diech.  A good day by him sends him through.

At 145, the bracket is STACKED, but Behn is 1-1 against Young from Mishicot, and he is 0-2 against Coffeen from Laconia, with his last lost being a 2-1 decision.  I think the senior pulls off some upset and punches his ticket!

Gutwrench

113 has two ranked and three HM wrestlers in the bracket.  Kohn being the highest ranked, but only by one spot over the kid from Laconia.  It wouldn't surprise me to see Kohn win it.  It wouldn't surprise me to see him not qualify either, if only because there are a lot of good quality wrestlers.  I'll say Kohn qualifies however!

132 Hebbe, Large, and Stepniewski will likely make it.

182 is pretty jammed.  Verbanac will likely get Akers in the semi's who he has already lost to this year.  The other side of the bracket has Wenzel and the #8 ranked kid from Kenosha Life.  It'll be tough for the CLC to qualify two at this weight.

170 Gottsacker or Ebeling......if one it would probably be Gottsacker.  Lomira and RL will go 1-2 likely.

195  Klein not only with a win, but a pin over Zehnder!  Klein has a tough draw out of the gate, but he certainly has the ability to grind out a trip to Madison.  It probably comes down to two spots between four guys (Steinhorst probable 1st place).

Good discussion!

schneider

160 looks pretty tough, but if Vandenbush can pull out a win in the first round he will have a chance at upsetting a ranked wrestler or 2 for a shot at qualifying.

hiptoss

Vandenbusch has Lind from Laconia first round who got teched by beckmann at sectionals last year and pinned by him at state... Vandenbusch could pull out win but it will be a good one.

CLC FAN

Quote from: Gutwrench on February 18, 2014, 11:29:15 AM
113 has two ranked and three HM wrestlers in the bracket.  Kohn being the highest ranked, but only by one spot over the kid from Laconia.  It wouldn't surprise me to see Kohn win it.  It wouldn't surprise me to see him not qualify either, if only because there are a lot of good quality wrestlers.  I'll say Kohn qualifies however!

182 is pretty jammed.  Verbanac will likely get Akers in the semi's who he has already lost to this year.  The other side of the bracket has Wenzel and the #8 ranked kid from Kenosha Life.  It'll be tough for the CLC to qualify two at this weight.

Kohn has pinned and majored Potter from Laconia.  Kohn is the cream of the crop at 113 in my opinion, but lots of them are freshmen... so it depends who comes ready to wrestle.

182 is good... but Verbanac just pinned the Christian Life kid tonight.  He also pinned him last year at Team Sectionals.  I'm sure it's hard to rank kids with such good records low, but I don't see Christian Life with any kids that should be top-10.  To wit:  Zierk (#6 at 160) from Christian Life also lost to unranked Helton Vandenbush tonight.

I see the CLC having 2 qualifiers at 182 as well as 106, 120, 126, 132, and 170.