rivalry

Started by dad 2 5, February 07, 2014, 10:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theunionchair

Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 07, 2014, 10:16:15 AM
Who do you want to see picked as WI rivalry and why?
Some should be easy:
Maryland - Rutgers
MSU - Michigan
PSU - OSU
IL - Nw
Prd - Ind
MN - Iowa

looks like that leaves Neb - UW

or do they go Iowa - Neb; MN - UW?

Dad 2 5:  thanks for bringing this topic up during a slow week!  Gave my comments below. Now headed out to watch the Illinois High School wrestling regionals, including Wisconsin's new recruit, Johnny Jimenez of Marmion Academy and the #2 ranked team in the country, Oak Park-River Forest (Sammy Brooks and Dardane Bros.' high school). OPRF has five D-1 recruits on their squad, in an already loaded regional.   Have a great day, all!

stp

Are the rivalries allowed to change?

Personally I'd like to see tOSU and Wisconsin become rivals in a couple years.
Ohio State wrestles a dual once a year at a high school. This past week Ohio State wrestled MSU at Perry HS, where tOSU 197 Nick Heflin is from.

Here in a couple years it would be AWESOME if Ohio State vs Wisconsin faced off at Graham HS.
Very well possible their will be four former Graham wrestlers competing between Ohio State and Wisconsin.
*Bo vs. Zeke meet up in St Paris Grahams gym? Once in a great while two forces come together with such huge speed and power, even light can not escape, and you are literally sucked back in time. 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

wrestler133

(do you all remember the old Jingles)

Definitely remember this place!  ALWAYS packed during state!

TomM

Did Jingles become 'The Stadium Bar'?  And is it now torn down?  I was told that, but have not driven by lately... or noticed when I did drive by.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

theunionchair

Quote from: TomM on February 11, 2014, 12:03:44 PM
Did Jingles become 'The Stadium Bar'?  And is it now torn down?  I was told that, but have not driven by lately... or noticed when I did drive by.

Yep, that's the one and it was torn down.  My friends and I died just a little bit on the inside the day it came down. The time in Madison was much different in that day. Sports wasn't the big business it is today. Madison seemed a little smaller, less fancy, and very much laid-back. And the drinking age was 18.

Jingles was officially named "Jingles Stadium Bar." It was an old auto shop shaped like a mini-airport hangar. They built a brick facade in the 1950's, installed a bar, and presto...Jingles Bar! 

While at UW in the '80's, we used to play intramural hockey. We would all meet at Jingles BEFORE games and drink about twelve $3.00 pitchers between two lines of players. Then we would play hockey. After, hockey, we would once again, meet at Jingles. We had to go back because for every pitcher you bought, Jingles would give you a wooden token. 4 wooden tokens = 1 free pitcher of beer. Our goalie, Smitty, was in charge of all the tokens and earned the highly esteemed title of "Treasurer of the Wood."

I have a picture of Jingles from 1989 that I can share if you can tell me how to post it.

On Wisconsin!

theunionchair

Button under the Italicized button -   Insert Image

" [ img ]yourimage.jpg[ /img ]" (no spaces for