Handicap seating at Kohl Center

Started by Street Glide, February 06, 2014, 05:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Street Glide

I'd like to make people aware of the abuse of the handicap seating during the state tournament.  The Kohl Center and WIAA do all they can to accommodate the handicap with seating.   When you enter Gate B, the desk just inside, a handicap person can exchange their ticket for the handicap sections.  Understandably there are many different types of disabilities and would be against ADA guidelines to have to prove that to exchange ones ticket.  This exchange is done on a first come first serve basis.  The problem lies with the dishonest non handicapped people who exchange their ticket to the handicapped section.  There are only so many seats available in these handicapped sections and it's a shame that this system is abused.  I don't want to get into "but I have a sore knee, or a sprang ankle, "we all know the difference, as we know the difference between right and wrong.  Because you may have sat in these seats for years does not make it right, and I hope better discretion is used this year.

woody53

Street, I will do my best to pass this along. Can not make promises, did not know this was going on. Feel very responsible for these issues. It is personal for me.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

littleguy301

Quote from: woody53 on February 06, 2014, 06:57:07 PM
Street, I will do my best to pass this along. Can not make promises, did not know this was going on. Feel very responsible for these issues. It is personal for me.

Man, thanks for running such a great tournment!!!!!! you certainly do a great job!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

Might have to have the Littleguy drag the couch out toward the window of the suite so I can use it...as of now I can only sit in one position for just so long..should be better in a few weeks tho an ready to sit all day...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY