Started by TomM, February 03, 2014, 05:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DustinFox

That's a great clip. I would have to agree, wrestling has taught me a lot of life lessons. I was told the same thing when I was in HS but it took a few years to truely realize the impact. I always say that wrestling is not a sport but a life style that will stay with you forever.    I am grateful to be able to say I am a wrestler..

imnofish

I was first introduced to the greatest sport on Earth 56 years ago.  I have experienced the sport as a college wrestler's son, coach's son, competitor, coach, parent, grandparent, fan, and official.  The challenges and responsibilities of the sport helped me develop physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally.  It taught me to be a strong individual, a leader, and a team member.  I learned poise, confidence, humility, tenacity, dedication, toughness, discipline, foresight, reflection, focus, self-control, accountability, ambition, patience, problem solving, respect, loyalty, and compassion.  Wrestling is a unique blend of technical skill and artistic self-expression, rugged individuality and communal interdependence, fierce physical battle and playful exuberance.  It has evolved through the ages, to meet our need for all that it offers.  It is the ultimate, infinite puzzle, limited only by our creativity and will.  To have wrestled is indeed a privilege for which I am truly thankful.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!