RL vs Oz Thursday 1/23

Started by CLC FAN, January 20, 2014, 07:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Anyone want to throw out match-ups or predictions?  I think the lightweights and middleweights will be a brawl, but RL seems to have an advantage in the upperweights.

warriordad

Anyone wanting to come  and see some of the state's best wrestlers in one gym look no further than Ozaukee high school on Thursday night . Right now there are currently 11 wrestlers ranked in the top ten and 2 honorable mention between these two teams and I think a few more will be in there by the time it is all said and done . I don't know how close the final score will be but I will predict there will be some great matches . Some of the matches to watch are Colton Kraus vs Jon Mudlaff , Cole Large vs Zac Stepneiwski , Trent Gottsacker vs Collin Hughes , and Adam Risse vs Taz Gottsacker . It is always a great atmosphere when Ozaukee and Random Lake go head to head . I hope to see you all there !

hasbeen

I agree 4 or 5 good matches but Oz falls off real fast from there. Here's how I see it:

106 Depies dec.     Kraus        RL 3     OZ
113 Kohn maj.       Watry            4
120 Depies fall      Wagner          6
126 Mudlaff          Kraus dec.              3(match of night)
132 Stepniewski    Large dec.              3
138 Gottsacker maj. Hughes        4
145 Behn fall         Brouillette      6
152 Vandenbush dec. Zichitella    3
160    ?               Beckmann fall          6
170 Risse dec.      Gottsacker      3
182 Verbanac maj. Schuette       4
195 Klein fall        Klas               6
220 Lewis fall       Burmesch        6
285 Anklam fall     Dupey            6

51 - 12 RL

ELG

Does anyone have any updates on the dual?  Saw that Large beat Step but that is all I have seen.

benaskren

I watched the dual and it was a lot of fun.  Haven't been to a HS dual in a while where there were no forfeits and kids weren't getting pinned in 20 seconds.  The dual started off very competitive, but RL ran away with it in the uppers, I think they had 4 straight pins.  Overall good dual and great atmosphere.

Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

warriordad

I will let CLC fill in all the results , but has been almost hit it on the head . There were some great matches and Ben you left a little to early because they saved the best match for last . Colton Kraus beat Jon Mudlaff in double OT with both wrestlers really going for it . No stalling or being conservative by either wrestler , they left it all out on the mat. I would like to thank all the fans from both schools for showing up and all the Ozaukee alumni that came and watched . It truly was a great atmosphere for a dual meet !!!!

CLC FAN

I would say hasbeen has been pretty accurate!  Dual started at 132 and ended at 126 - great draw for the fans!  Best 2 matches of the night first and last.

132 Oz Large by dec over Stepniewski RL   Large earned 3 or more TDs
138 RL Gottsacker maj dec over Hughes Oz    Nearly a tech
145 RL Behn by dec over Brouillette Oz
152 RL Kohn by pin over Zitchitella Oz   Close match through the first period
160 Oz Beckmann by maj dec over Vandenbush RL 
170 RL Risse by dec over Gottsacker Oz   This was a very tight match.  Should be a good battle about 4 more times this year!
182 RL Verbanac by pin over Schuette Oz
195 RL Klein by pin over Klas Oz
220 RL Lewis by pin over Burmesch Oz    What a stud Lewis has turned into!  Not flashy but he can wear guys down at 220.
285 RL Anklam by pin over Dupey Oz
106 RL J Depeis by dec over Chase Kraus Oz  This was a back and forth battle as well.  Two scrappy lightweights.
113 Oz Watry by pin over C Mudlaff RL   
120 RL B Depies by tech fall over Wagner Oz
126 Oz Colton Kraus by 2OT dec over J Mudlaff RL   Fantastic match!  Stopped a lot for blood time, which was unfortunate, but great attacks from both guys, and in OT, one of them initiated a throw where both guys had an opportunity to put the other guy to his back, and neither could close it out.  The match teetered on the edge for about 10s.  In double OT, Kraus got a reversal and a rideout.  Mudlaff an escape.  I'd expect this one to go about that intense every time!  Should sharpen both young men up for a great state run.

Final Score: RL 48  Oz 16

hasbeen

Sounds like I missed a good one.  A closer score would have added some drama, but sounds like some entertaining matches. Where was Kohn at 113? He could have made my prediction almost dead on.

hammen

Quote from: benaskren on January 23, 2014, 09:55:38 PM
I watched the dual and it was a lot of fun.  Haven't been to a HS dual in a while where there were no forfeits and kids weren't getting pinned in 20 seconds.  The dual started off very competitive, but RL ran away with it in the uppers, I think they had 4 straight pins.  Overall good dual and great atmosphere.

Thanks for watching and supporting the CLC Ben! Wish I could've been there - sounds like the conference tournament and team sectionals will be a lot of fun.

B-DUBS

@hasbeen Kohn at 113 had injured ribs going into the match not sure if they were fractured or not