This Year's Tournament

Started by sunchip69, January 20, 2014, 04:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunchip69

This year's tournament should be one of the best in recent memory. With the team race to be interesting as always. Below I have my individual champions in order of weight.

106-Cameron Croft (Markesan)
113-Cal Hansen (Deerfield)
120-Adam Becker (Johnson Creek)
126-Payton Hall (Princeton)
132-Wilder Wichmann (Johnson Creek) *these two could flip flop
138-Trey Storms (Deerfield) *these two could flip flop
145-Toss Up
152-Brian Dowling (Lourdes)
160-Ryan Shmauz (Horicon)
170-Kyle Kemmerling (Johnson Creek)
182-Cody Kuphal (Markesan)
195-Jake Straks (Markesan) ***Assuming he will drop to here
220-Clayton Usselmann (Johnson Creek)
285-Matt Stensrud (Markesan)

Big Steve

Sunchips I was just about to let you have it and then I saw your email. All in good fun.

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

sunchip69

Sorry if that part about running away offended anyone. I did not realize it was on there. I was making the list and just about to submit it when I got called to the office then stopped at my locker and the bubbler on the way back. During this time apparently one of my teammates apparently added the part about Hebbe running away and submitted it before I got back. I just saw that it was submitted when I got back and thought nothing of it. Again, I apologize and have modified it already. Sorry if the post offended anyone.

RollTide

Quote from: sunchip69 on January 20, 2014, 04:32:56 PM
This year's tournament should be one of the best in recent memory. With the team race to be interesting as always. Below I have my individual champions in order of weight.

106-Cameron Croft (Markesan)
113-Cal Hansen (Deerfield)
120-Adam Becker (Johnson Creek)
126-Payton Hall (Princeton)
132-Wilder Wichmann (Johnson Creek) *these two could flip flop
138-Trey Storms (Deerfield) *these two could flip flop
145-Toss Up
152-Brian Dowling (Lourdes)
160-Ryan Shmauz (Horicon)
170-Kyle Kemmerling (Johnson Creek)
182-Cody Kuphal (Markesan)
195-Jake Straks (Markesan) ***Assuming he will drop to here
220-Clayton Usselmann (Johnson Creek)
285-Matt Stensrud (Markesan)

Do you think Hall will really drop to 126? I know he is skin folded for 126, but I don't think he ever wrestled that weight even last year.  He would definitely be the favorite at 126. 

wrestling135

RollTide

I see Becker was out of the lineup this weekend.  Nothing serious I hope. 

If Becker goes 120 for conference, I think that will be the toughest weight class. Gilbertson and Ellison

If Becker goes 113, I think that will be the toughest.  Hansen, Becker, Hunter & Gross.

Looking forward to it already.

wrestling135

Any word if Becker is moving down?

PCA

Becker was at 113 at Hustisford

Calh

Who is the toss up in the 145 weight class. One that comes to my mind is Holland of Princeton and for 138 Hebbe  Princeton they both took first at the Hustisford invitational yesterday.

RollTide

113 is going to be fun to watch at conference.  Four guys in the state rankings in one weight class.

Payton Hall dropped to 126 at Hustisford.  That will make for a loaded sectional.  Kraus (2nd last year), Mudlaff (5th last year), Weise (SQ last year) and Hall.  A pretty good wrestler will not make it out

RollTide

Ryan Schmauz had to pull out of the Hustisford Tourney injured this weekend.  I heard that he broke his ankle.  If its true, that's tough luck for him.

I think that will leave 160 wide open for conference.

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

bfboy

Here is what you all have been waiting for...BFBOY's picks for conference.

106: 1.  Wilfong (Deer)  2.  Croft (Mark)  3.  Kadinger (Husty)

113: 1.  Hansen (Deer)  2.  Becker (JC)  3.  Hunter (Mark)

120: 1.  Ellison (Oak)  2.  Gilbertson (Deer)  3.  David (JC)

126: 1.  Hall (Prince)  2.  Delaney (Deer)  3.  Avalos (JC)

132: 1.  Wichman (JC)  2.  Storms (Deer)  3.  Graham (Rio)

138: 1.  Hebbe (Prince) 2.  Hansen (Mark)  3.  Beecher (Lourdes)

145: 1.  Hollaand (Prince)  2.  Dowling (Lourdes)  3.  Sellnow (JC)

152: 1.  Figol (Rio)  2.  Leahy (Mark)  3.  Borges (Horicon)

160: 1.  Schmauz (Horicon)  2.  Steger (Prince)  3.  Roberts (Deer)

170: 1.  Kemmerling (JC)  2.  Canales (Rio)  3.  VanderGriten (Deer)

182: 1.  Kuphal (Mark)  2.  Denzer (Prince)  3.  Machek (Rio)

195: 1.  Suefzer (Dodge)  2.  James (Lourdes)  3.  Seelinger (Princeton)

220:  1. Uselman (JC)  2.  Straks (Mark)  3.  Knipfer (Deer)

285:  1.  Stensrud (Mark)  2.  Pope (Deer)  3.  Graham (Rio)

Final Standings Points

181 - Princeton
181 - Johnson Creek
175 - Deerfield
141 - Markesan
125 - Rio/Fall River/Cambria
92 - Dodgeland
76 - Horicon
70 - Lourdes
54 - Oakfield
17 - Husty
16 - Montello

It will be extremely close for the team championship.  There are some wrestlers who have been out for a little bit who may or may not return that could affect how things end up at conference.

Fehring (Lourdes)
Hood (Johnson Creek)
Dembowski (Deerfield)
Easterson (Oakfield)

I could see Canales, VanderGriten, Kemmerling, or even Will White bumping up to 182 to take advantage of a weak weight class.  It would be funny if all four bumped up and left 170 void of any superstar.

If Schmauz is out at 160, that opens up a complete can of worms for everyone. 

The one other thing to keep in mind is grades come out for a couple schools this week.  I know in the past Markesan, Johnson Creek and Deerfield have been hurt by this. Let's hope for everyone to be healthy and eligible.  It makes for an exciting tournament. 

Good luck to everyone!

RollTide

Quote from: Big House on February 03, 2014, 10:30:21 AM
Are you sure it's broken?
Not sure.  I hope its not.  One of our guys heard it from a Horicon coach at the tourney.