When should a pin be called

Started by Easy, January 19, 2014, 07:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy

When should a pin be called?? What is the definition in high school wrestling of what is figured by the ref as a pin

Lumpy

When control is maintained while pressing your opponents shoulders blades to the mat.
-Matt S

aarons23

Don't really have to have control.....you can pin yourself.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Lumpy

Quote from: aarons23 on January 19, 2014, 07:46:38 PM
Don't really have to have control.....you can pin yourself.

True. Been there done that.
-Matt S

kneeslide

Section 5-11-1 page 21 of the rulebook.  A fall occurs when any part of both shoulders or both scapula of either wrestler are in contact with the mat for two seconds.  The two seconds (one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two) shall be a silent count and shall start only after the referee is in position to observe if a fall is imminent.

Too many coaches and fans believe a fall is as soon as the shoulders come in contact with the mat.

Quack

Quote from: kneeslide on January 19, 2014, 09:29:04 PM
Too many coaches and fans believe a fall is as soon as they shoulders come in contact with the mat.

So do some refs
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

Spartan

Quote from: Quack on January 19, 2014, 09:48:15 PM
Too many coaches and fans believe a fall is as soon as they shoulders come in contact with the mat.

So do some refs

Be nice Quack some officials can't count to two

Handles II

Quote from: Quack on January 19, 2014, 09:48:15 PM

So do some refs

Better not have any ref's hear you say that, or it will be "questioning judgement" and a warning.

Quack

Guys, I said "Some"... ;D.

I am not even sure if I was thinking about you two...but now that you mention it.......
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

Spartan

Lol Quack. I laugh when I listen to coaches change their criteria  they want near fall called for their kids at 89 degrees. And 15 against them. Same goes with calling a pin some want it called at the first touch for them and if they had it there way 4 seconds against them

aarons23

Quote from: Spartan on January 20, 2014, 09:24:00 AM
Lol Quack. I laugh when I listen to coaches change their criteria  they want near fall called for their kids at 89 degrees. And 15 against them. Same goes with calling a pin some want it called at the first touch for them and if they had it there way 4 seconds against them

What's wrong with that? ;D
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

ramjet

Well that's it time for instant replay............ ;D

Spartan

As fun as it is to use video review at the NCAA level, the camera does not always show beyond a doubt what you want it to. They only have one angle for the camera so you don't always get all the views you want

ramjet

Quote from: Spartan on January 20, 2014, 09:41:06 AM
As fun as it is to use video review at the NCAA level, the camera does not always show beyond a doubt what you want it to. They only have one angle for the camera so you don't always get all the views you want

I was kidding......

Spartan

I know ram. But we are using video review at the D1level for big ten matches it is cool but does have limitations