Tap Out Rules

Started by Street Glide, January 19, 2014, 12:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckref

Quote from: thequad on January 21, 2014, 01:17:49 PM
I still think the referee should talk to the wrestler doing the crying. What are other thoughts on this?

Most of the time I do and ask if he's alright.  If he say's "I can't breath" I know he is OK because if he can talk, he can breath.  I see more squealing than tapping for what its worth.
Chuck

RockVikings

This is related to the topic, last night I was at a dual meet and two ranked wrestlers were wrestling. Wrestler A was up in a close match, when wrestler B started to close the gap wrestler A suddenly could not breathe any longer and stood by the trash can to catch his breathe. Last I checked there are no time outs in wrestling I don't like this use of injury time either. Needless to say wrestler A was not so tired anymore and regained control and won the match.

bigG

How does a ref regulate that, though. I'd love to call BS; but you play safe.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

the mayor

Why have we allowed this to get this far?  This should be handled no different than it is in MMA.  If you are tapping, the official should check for an illegal hold or breathing passages covered, and if none apply the match should be over.  Over the years I have enjoyed the sport at every level.  Beginning at high school, then to club,
next to middle and on to college.  Presently I and my sons are coaching a grade school program.  I see children screaming from the time they are taken down, to the time a smart official finally hits the mat.  This needs to stop in the sport because it is just embarrassing and should not be allowed.  If someone is tapping, stop the match and award fall points to his opponent.
The Mayor
If you can catch the chicken Rock, you can catch Creed.

Say-Say

Quote from: the mayor on January 22, 2014, 03:45:12 PM
If someone is tapping, stop the match and award fall points to his opponent.

Yup.