Go Soak Your Head!

Started by imnofish, January 16, 2014, 11:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Handles II

Would love that up at the lake. I'm always snorkling around checking out structure and fish, ever feed a bass by hand? They like strips of processed cheese I've discovered :)

I'm sure it will be worth it's weight in gold (or more) if it works as well as claimed.

bigG

I ain't cave divin' with it yet.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

It would be cool to just hang out in our lake and observe the fish.  Maybe I'd learn something that would improve my angling success.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Handles II

Yeah, I've got some structure that I like to snorkel around. One thing i've noticed, when the panfish are all grouped tightly together they tend to be in a negative feeding mood as then are pike and the bass. If the panfish are more spread out, time to get into the boat and start casting.
One key to observing fish is clear water  ;) some parts of the state that's impossible to find.

bigG

This is my son's mission the past few years. Jump in the water and lead us to action.

Handles II

I had no idea that our lake had perch or crappie in it even after fishing it for over 10 years until snorkeling on one particular part of the lake and seeing schools of them. It's a really small lake and the local dnr said it is a bass/pike/bluegill lake only. We've now caught some dandy crappie, and I've switched to perch patterns on most lures with an increase in number and size of pike.

bigG

$2,000 fine per illegal fish taken out of there. Crappie and perch are off-limts.;)

I know a few trickles of water that are not even on trout stream maps that have brookies booking through them.

Love those pleasant surprises. Trout streams are cold, though, so I ain't stickin' my head in 'em.