Paw Care

Started by imnofish, January 15, 2014, 10:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Kjohnson

When we go for a walk, my dog gets rock salt between the toes and I need to stop and clean.

bigG

I've already had to deal with a nasty cracked nail that was visibly hurting my bud. If my dog hurts, I hurt.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Have any of you found a small dog boot that will stay on?  It seems like they always get lost because they stick on the frozen pavement/ground and come off (after dark, of course).
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

You haven't heard of the mickey mouse dog boot?

JK. I think anything i put in Midnights paw will become the next chew toy. And he chew reeeeel guud!

littleguy301

While I spoil my dogs, I also feel that they should be tough when it comes to outside and with the paws. My old boy nails get trimmed every month and I check his paws. The new one, doesnt sit still long enough for me to check.

No problem with the socks but I dont use them plus if their paws get cold the usually come inside and put them by the heat vents. I worry more about the noses instead the way they bury them in the snow.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 15, 2014, 06:10:30 PM
You haven't heard of the mickey mouse dog boot?

JK. I think anything i put in Midnights paw will become the next chew toy. And he chew reeeeel guud!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Good one!

TomM

Email me about 'dog boots' ... made of fleece with Velcro tighteners... work great.

Tom

trm@wiwrestling.com
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

TomM

I originally got these from a woman who boards dogs from the Iditarod (sp?) in nearby Ixonia, Wisconsin.  They can be made to fit any size...
It is like a tiny pillow made of fleece and secured shut with a Velcro strap.  My neighbor even made some on sewing machine.  You can make them any size.  Buy the fleece and Velcro at Joanne Fabric etc... type place.  Know anyone who can sew on a machine?
These work really well for us (my dog and I) ... you pull the Velcro as tight as possible... doesn't bother the dog.  I have used this on three different dogs and none have a problem with them.
I just found a website with a pattern on it... http://uberpest.com/2006/10/make-your-own-dog-booties/
This is also what I am talking about... http://www.etsy.com/listing/175000896/dog-booties-warm-fleece-velcro-closures?ref=market
Mine are black and some are red.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

"You haven't heard of the mickey mouse dog boot?"

"They're called "Plutos."

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 16, 2014, 06:45:47 AM
"You haven't heard of the mickey mouse dog boot?"

"They're called "Plutos."

;D