Previous topic - Next topic

LUNKER

1. Kaukauna
2. Bay Port
3. Merrill
4. LC
5. Coleman

Scooter67

IMO I would love to see a few teams added to this tournament,like Wittenberg,Bonduel or Wrightstown to replace a a few teams that have been down for a while to make this even more challenging.

Big House

Quote from: Scooter67 on January 20, 2014, 10:20:02 PM
IMO I would love to see a few teams added to this tournament,like Wittenberg,Bonduel or Wrightstown to replace a a few teams that have been down for a while to make this even more challenging.

Exactly!  This tournament isn't quite tough enough yet ... call Blair Academy ...
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

DarkKnight

Scooter67

I wasn't saying it wasn't tough enough. What I meant was there are a few teams that will only get one or two guys past the first round.  There are some good teams in the area that would advance more wrestlers that I personally would like to see there.  Again it's just my opinion!

Spartan

Scooter, The teams you are talking about are some of the original teams to the tournament. This invitational started in the late 60's with the likes of Coleman, Pulaski, Peshtigo, Denmark, ect. The cool  thing about this tournament is that most of the local talent that started this tourney are still there, I am quite sure if Wittenburg wanted in they could have gotten in but they have to want to be there.

Scooter67

I agree , it's part of what makes this tournament what it is.  There are a few different teams today then when I was there in the 80's.  The addition of Merril this year definitely makes it tougher.  My statement was me being a selfish fan and meant no disrespect .

padre

Quote from: Spartan on January 21, 2014, 01:39:47 PM
Scooter, The teams you are talking about are some of the original teams to the tournament. This invitational started in the late 60's with the likes of Coleman, Pulaski, Peshtigo, Denmark, ect. The cool  thing about this tournament is that most of the local talent that started this tourney are still there, I am quite sure if Wittenburg wanted in they could have gotten in but they have to want to be there.

LOL....I know we are not a wrestling school but we can't even go to events that spell it right.  It is Wittenberg-Birnamwood. ;D

As far as going to Pulaski we did think about it for this year but decided not to in the end.  When you are going to see teams from your sectional a lot in the near future you have to decide if it is  a good or bad idea...however I did see Two Rivers dropped it this year so they may have had the same reasoning.

bigoil

Also, WT wrestles a pretty tough schedule.

Spartan

Quote from: padre on January 21, 2014, 07:40:53 PM
Quote from: Spartan on January 21, 2014, 01:39:47 PM

LOL....I know we are not a wrestling school but we can't even go to events that spell it right.  It is Wittenberg-Birnamwood. ;D

As far as going to Pulaski we did think about it for this year but decided not to in the end.  When you are going to see teams from your sectional a lot in the near future you have to decide if it is  a good or bad idea...however I did see Two Rivers dropped it this year so they may have had the same reasoning.

Padre. Two Rivers has never been in the Pulaski tournament at least not the invitational at the end of January. They do attend Pulaski's duals at the beginning of the year, I don't think they are dodging anyone either, they have gone toe to toe with LC at the Battle on the Bay, and Bi State plus had a great showing at the Cheesehead, they are both battle tested on the season.

padre

#1 Thought they were in Pulaski last year....my fault...absolutely no doubt Two Rivers has an excellent schedule.

#2 Dodging?  Hate that saying as it sounds like you are trying to get away from tough competition.  No one is.  Our conference overall hurts us as we have to bank a date on conference duals.  Doesn't help us but gets rid of forfeit-ridden duals.

By the way they have not gone toe to toe...the Bi-state and other large tournaments allows your studs to gain a ton of points compared to smaller tournaments....I think in a 6 team tournament it will most likely be a much different result.

Pure favorites team vs. team...

Two Rivers...106, 113, 120, 132, 138, 182, 195, 285

Casco.... 126, 145, 152, 170, 220

Toss-ups....160

Casco will have to be the top of their game and get some so-called upsets to win this.  

Casco is not far off at 138, 195 and 285...they will need to win at  least 2 of those 3.

DarkKnight

Last night Bay Port beat Coleman 36-30..

the Climax and the match of the night was the 2nd to last match, with Coleman's Kevin Lansin against Bay Port's Chad Osmanski at 145. the score was tied at 3 a piece with Lansin on the bottom in the 3rd, and with about 20 seconds left Lansin was about to get away, but Osmanski kept the pressure. I think Lansin tried to throw him instead of grabbing a leg, because they were pretty much hugging each other.  Osmanski put him to his back and pinned him giving Bay Port a 36-24 lead with Seewald pinning his 152 opponent in the last match.

Two great kids. two great teams with exceptional wrestlers.

Being from Coleman, I would like to see Coleman finish on top of LC in this tournament, but we'll see.

Scooter67

Quote from: DarkKnight on January 22, 2014, 09:01:12 AM
Last night Bay Port beat Coleman 36-30..

the Climax and the match of the night was the 2nd to last match, with Coleman's Kevin Lansin against Bay Port's Chad Osmanski at 145. the score was tied at 3 a piece with Lansin on the bottom in the 3rd, and with about 20 seconds left Lansin was about to get away, but Osmanski kept the pressure. I think Lansin tried to throw him instead of grabbing a leg, because they were pretty much hugging each other.  Osmanski put him to his back and pinned him giving Bay Port a 36-24 lead with Seewald pinning his 152 opponent in the last match.

Two great kids. two great teams with exceptional wrestlers.

Being from Coleman, I would like to see Coleman finish on top of LC in this tournament, but we'll see.
DarkKnight: being from Coleman and having wrestled both Pulaski & Bayport ,who do you see winning their upcomming dual next Thursday?

thequad

Padre, how do you see Barnemwood against TR?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

padre

Quote from: thequad on January 22, 2014, 06:46:22 PM
Padre, how do you see Barnemwood against TR?

We will wait and see how everything pans out at your regional.  I think it would be very close with bonus points deciding it...but they have to beat Casco first.  I think we match up much better against L-C.