Pulaski Invitational

Started by Scooter67, January 13, 2014, 11:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter67

We are a little over 2 weeks away.  9 out of the 16 teams are ranked with 67 ranked wrestlers this year.  IMO it's the toughest tournament all year other than maybe the Cheesehead.  What are your thoughts about the tourney and your predictions on who will win each weight class.
Ty Lee      #3 D1
Jacob Barnnett   #12 D1
Aiden Ball   HM  D1
Brock Bergelin   #7 D2
Derick Teteak  HM  D3

Ian Gioacchini  #3 D1
Noah Rosado   #5 D1
Luke Oltmanns  HM D2
Jordan Blanchard  #5 D3

Tres Leon  #3 D1
Zack Smith  #4 D1
Bradley Prentice #6 D1

Chase Farr  #1 D1
Kolten Jansen #2 D1
Eliot Luker  #9  D1
Walker Christensen #5 D2
Dustin Jensen  #7 D2
Brian Van Rite  #9 D2
Eric Peters  HM  D2
Jensyn Schall  #3 D3

Robert Lee  #1 D1
Scott Arneson  #9 D1
Hunter Kuehl  #14 D1
Derek Sundin  HM D1
Brett Hendzel  HM D1
Joe Cliver   HM D1
Cody Walrath  #2  D2
Samuel Konitzer  HM  D2
Marc Lansin  #4  D3

Chad Osmanski  #2 D1
Bailey VanHandel  #4 D1
Mason Berceau  #10  D2
Jackson Margis  #4  D3

Evan Hietpas  #6 D1
Quinton Lueck  #7  D1
Tanner Baine  HM D1
Dewey Krueger  #1 D2
Austin Worachek  #5  D2
Seth Vosters  #9  D2
Trevor Seewald  #2 D3

Max Mijal HM  D1
Dylan Blemke  HM  D2
Trevor Wittmus  HM D2

Travis Hettinga  #1  D1
Mason Reinhardt  #2 D1
Kasey Caelwaerts  #4 D1
Jacob Jossart  #10  D1
Justin Kloehn  #11 D1
Nate Rynish  #15  D1
Jacob Vogel  #10  D2
Austin Wyngaard  HM  D2
Dexter Karbon  #1  D3

David Prophal  #2  D1
Anthony Rottier  #3  D1
Ben Kostroski  #4  D1
Andrew Wojkiewicz  #12  D1
Zack Shukoski  #14  D1
Ramsey Bloy  #10  D2

Ben Hintze  #10  D1
Christian Andres  #11  D1
Levi VanLanen  HM  D1
Brett Handschke  #6  D2

Alec Ingold  #5  D1
Alex Klug  #8  D1
Dan Dorner  #3  D2
Jacob Reetz  HM  D2

Tyler Schmidt  #1 D1
Cole VanEnkenvort  #14  D1
Jake Whalen  HM  D1
Luke Destiche  #1  D2
CJ Pillath  #4  D3

Will Russum  #6  D1
Hunter Micolichek  #12  D1
Andy Fidler  #14 D1
Ryan VanDewalle  HM  D1
Andy Johnston  #5  D2

I think that's everyone, If I forgot someone I apologize. 

padre

Wow!!!!  160 will be worth the price of admission.

Scooter67

padre, who is your pick to win it at 160?

padre

Know all the dads so won't make that pick. ;D

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

Houndhead

Quote from: padre on January 13, 2014, 11:40:25 PM
Wow!!!!  160 will be worth the price of admission.

I don't have a dog in the fight, and all 3 are great wrestlers. I will pick Caelwarts to win it. Whatever the finishing order is, it could be completely reversed at the end of February. Also, Hettinga and Rhinehardt will be seeing each other about 4 or 5 more times this season. It reminds me of Marcis and Welter from a few years ago.

Scooter67

looking back at both Track histories it doesn't look like Tyler and Luke have wrestled each other before.  Tyler is a beast and have to go with him on this one.  Hopefully will be a great match!

Ino

Quote from: Houndhead on January 14, 2014, 08:28:25 AM
Quote from: padre on January 13, 2014, 11:40:25 PM
Wow!!!!  160 will be worth the price of admission.

I don't have a dog in the fight, and all 3 are great wrestlers. I will pick Caelwarts to win it. Whatever the finishing order is, it could be completely reversed at the end of February. Also, Hettinga and Rhinehardt will be seeing each other about 4 or 5 more times this season. It reminds me of Marcis and Welter from a few years ago.

They could wrestle 5 times in one month; Pulaski, WVC, Regional, Sectional, State.

Kasey may need to beat both to win his home tournament.  How do you seed these guys, place at Pulaski last year, highest place at state, looks like they all have a loss this year and as far as I can see they have not wrestled each other this season.

thequad

What about Joe Kitslar at 220? What teams are there this year?

Bay Port
Coleman
Denmark
Freedom
Hortonville
Kaukauna
Luxemburg Casco
Merril
New London
Oconto Falls
Peshtigo
Port Washington
Pulaski
Seymour
Valders
Wausau West
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Scooter67

Quad, I didn't put Kitslar in because he wasn't in the last ranking.  Who will Bayport have at 220?they seem to be alternating.

boowrestle

Looks like a tough tournament overall,toughest tourney besides cheesehead?Now thats a reach,jmo  bi states would drfinately be my choice,but not here to argue with anybody.Iam especially curious about the 106lb class.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Coach N.Ryan

This looks like a fantastic tournament with some great match ups. IMO I think Tyler Schmidt wins it at 220 he seem to be in a league of his own this year and is ranked nationally. Also, my pick is Hettinga to win it 160 even though all of the 160 pound wrestlers are battle tested and tough. I would love to be there to watch some of these match ups! Good luck to everyone wrestling!

Scooter67

I didn't know the reason for Kitslaars absence but did see that he wrestled last week.  We could use a 220 , could you send one our way?  ;D

padre

Quote from: boowrestle on January 14, 2014, 07:08:17 PM
Looks like a tough tournament overall,toughest tourney besides cheesehead?Now thats a reach,jmo  bi states would drfinately be my choice,but not here to argue with anybody.Iam especially curious about the 106lb class.

Lee and Bergelin the top of the class at 106.  Barnett has super-improved in the last year and has had a great freshman year...I would see him in third.  

Freedom(Garvey) is a good frosh that I could see in 4th position, most likely battling with Ball(Merrill) in the 4/5 seed area to see who gets the 1 seed.

Wausau West(Fisher) had a decent frosh at the beginning of the year that I do not believe has wrestled since missing weight against Merrill.  He is about the same level as Ball/Garvey.

Scooter67

Quote from: boowrestle on January 14, 2014, 07:08:17 PM
Looks like a tough tournament overall,toughest tourney besides cheesehead?Now that's a reach,jmo  bi states would definitely be my choice,but not here to argue with anybody.I'm especially curious about the 106lb class.
Boowrestle, If you look at the teams that were at Bi-State they had some good individuals but the Pulaski Invite has the top 3 ranked teams in D1.  LC took 2nd at Bi-State, They will have their hands full finishing in the top 5 at Pulaski. I do have to agree that Bi-State was tougher then Mid-State this year.
Team Predictions IMO are:
1 Kaukauna
2 Merril
3 Pulaski
4 Bayport
5 LC or Wausau West