NEED HELP!

Started by littleguy301, January 13, 2014, 10:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

I am not under, was down to 11 over that mystical line but am probably now 20+ over.

TomM

I've had about six 'cell' phones.. going back to about 1997 (ish?) ....
Those small pocket size ones.. (had one)
Then a couple flip phones... (accidently place in clothes washer... only took :15 seconds to ruin it)
Then, due to my evidently 'hard use' I got the Quantico ... supposedly the toughest.  I ruined that one. Limped along with it damaged (accidently 'cooked' it on a coffee cup warmer... don't ask...) as keys were sluggish, speaker was fuzzy.. dropped calls.
When that contract was up I couldn't wait to get the Samsung Galaxy III.  It was immediately evident that it dropped a TON of calls (like 22 in three days) ... so US Cellular sent me a replacement ... same issue... US Cellular sent me a THIRD one.  Same issues.  Finally they told me I was out of luck and they just said 'good luck' ... in order to get phone calls on a phone, I had to purchase another phone (smart phone) and bought a used Motorola Electrify M (that cost me $275.00 plus tax and a cover).  The Electrify is ok, but smaller than the Galaxy III... not as advanced.  The charging port is touchy and will only work with specifically Motorola chargers... aggravating.
Both fit in my pocket.
I now use the Galaxy as/like a small tablet.  Gets wi-fi everywhere and much better/larger display than Electrify.
DID YOU KNOW: The cell phone companies can actually tell the difference between whether you 'hung up' (ended yourself) a call or whether it was a 'drop' ... They could tell me how many drops I had in any period of time or day.
I have about 4 months before I can get something else... I am not enjoying the Electrify at all.  Also drops some calls, doesn't ring for some calls and has some other glitches.
Maybe the Galaxy IV ?  I like the larger screen/displays.  If I am paying for data, I want to be able to see it.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imwi

Tom, when you get a chance, pop the back off the back of that S3 and let me what you see after the SCH-R530.  I am with US Cellular, I was having the same issue with the dropped calls.  Turns out there was a firmware upgrade on the phones that required me getting a replacement, much better with the firmware upgrade.  They only told me this after numerous calls to customer service complaining about dropped calls.  It's possible you could have gotten all the replacements before they were doing the firmware upgrade.  Mine has
"MODEL : SCHR530 B 16GB R", it's been a while now but I think the B after the SCH-R530 was the key, the original had nothing

TomM

Thanks for the reply.
Mine reads:
MODEL : SCHR530 B 16GB-B
The first two models did not have the B.
At the time they told me that was the key, and having the capital B would be the answer. It was not

littleguy301

AFter all my research and looking at them I decided that the note 2 for the price was the best deal. The problem is, it sounds like the note 2 has been replaced by the note 3 and that is much better. At this time I have 2 choices, spend the huge money for the note 3 or try to find the note 2 for 99.99 at some store but they are selling out fast.

With the insurance, I get a free hook up to data because I have a dumb phone, cover and tax it will still be over the 3 hundred mark that is if I can find the 99.99 note 2.

now off to find one tomorrow and at least I can rub it in my daughters face that I got one cheaper, not better but cheaper than she paid ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

LG,

I would be Leary with taking a model that is outdated that much. The current models are outdated by the time they come out and buying an edition that has been out for an extensive time gives very little support, updates, etc. I'm not all that familiar with the Note 2 just a general comment.

littleguy301

You can still get the note 2 in the stores. They have only been out for a year now. When they come out with a new product online the discontinue selling the one they replaced but they can still get that one new in the store.

This phone thing is very confusing to say the least. Like I said before, what ever happened to the dumb phones?

littleguy301

Just picked up the note 3. My daughter has the note 2 and she is bummed dear old dad 1 upped her.

Man that has alot of things on it.

The otterbox is on the way, I will need it!

littleguy301

Up until 3 in the morning with that darn phone. Actually made some posts with it.

Man that thing is fun but I have to remember I have a family ;)

imnofish

My laptop is all the digital distraction I need.  I'll keep my dumb phone, thanks. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I miss my old US Cell flip phone. Went through the wash three times; dried out in rice, and always worked. This slide blows goats. Bride switched to Verizon and I can barely get reception even near their tower. Hate it. I'll be back with US in another year and 3 months. If you go country, I wouldn't go Verizon. So, I now use my land line a lot more. Gonna call my mom in 1/2 hour; on my land line. Verizon=muy mal. Customer support basically says "tuffshmitsky." $800 to get out of our contract, or live with crap. They'll get another year and a few months of slavery; but the way they do business sucks nuts. I just want US Cell and a Motorola flipper. No texting, no data, just "hey, Maggie, whatchaya doin' right now?"
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Apparently, they have outsourced customer service to Russia.   ;D  No wonder you are having a problem!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

I have great luck in the country with verizon. I will admit that being near the twin cities works well for me!

TomM

Quote from: imwi on January 16, 2014, 02:24:40 PM
Tom, when you get a chance, pop the back off the back of that S3 and let me what you see after the SCH-R530.  I am with US Cellular, I was having the same issue with the dropped calls.  Turns out there was a firmware upgrade on the phones that required me getting a replacement, much better with the firmware upgrade.  They only told me this after numerous calls to customer service complaining about dropped calls.  It's possible you could have gotten all the replacements before they were doing the firmware upgrade.  Mine has
"MODEL : SCHR530 B 16GB R", it's been a while now but I think the B after the SCH-R530 was the key, the original had nothing

Quote from: TomM on January 16, 2014, 10:37:55 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Mine reads:
MODEL : SCHR530 B 16GB-B
The first two models did not have the B.
At the time they told me that was the key, and having the capital B would be the answer. It was not

Well, I didn't hear back from you.
Now my Motorola Electrify M is being less than agreeable.  People call (about 2 out of 20 calls) and the phone does not ring and no missed call appears.  IF they leave a message I will get a 'ding' ring that there is a voicemail.
I am considering switching to Verizon since their map appears (well, then again it is THEIR map!) cover more space than any other.
Not sure what in tarnation to do any more.  Just very frustrating.

imwi

Sorry Tom.  I didn't respond back since that was all the help I could provide, my issues went away when I got a phone with the firmware upgrade.  Sounds like you've never had good luck with US Cell, I would recommend switching.  Talk to some friends and see who they like for coverage.  Does this mainly happen at home?  I know my girlfriend had t-mobile and her phone was very unreliable in my house, just sort of a dead spot for them.