Southern Scuffle Results

Started by theunionchair, January 02, 2014, 01:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theunionchair

Penn State is building a big lead on Minnesota in the semi-finals. Even Penn State's backups are doing well in the consolations.  In the semis, Minnesota's Chris Dardanes lost, Dylan Ness got pinned, and Logan Storley lost to Matthew Brown of Penn State. Penn State is not waiting at all to show the country that they are dominant; they are peaking now!  Oklahoma State has no moved up to #2, far behind Penn State. Penn State is loaded and it is no longer just Ruth and Taylor.

theunionchair

Now, Steinhaus from Minnesota has lost in the semis.  A Gopher beat down for sure.

harley

roughandtough

ness got teched in his wrestle back and will now be going for 5th  :o teched 17-2

MNbadger

Falling apart, wrestling too heavy.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

theunionchair

Gopher hunting season continues in Tennessee. Chris Dardanes 4th place. Nick Dardanes pinned in the 149# championship bout.

theunionchair

The mighty have fallen! Ruth goes down to Dean of Cornell.

littleguy301

Quote from: Goat Roper on January 03, 2014, 07:05:30 AM
Quote from: MNbadger on January 02, 2014, 02:54:13 PM
Falling apart, wrestling too heavy.

He was runner-up at the NCAA's 2 years ago at 149# wasn't he?  Big Ten champ at 149# last year.  Does 8# over two years make that much of a difference?

If you follow Ness on Twitter (I dont but I know a few that do) he will make weight at 57 and with in a few short hours he will be in the 170's. He is a massive weight cutter and if you dont see him in the line up it is more of a weight issues than anything. Ness is something like 6'1" and during the off-season he is close to 190. Maybe that is what MN is talking when saying wrestling to heavy.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

visionquest

Quote from: roughandtough on January 02, 2014, 02:39:11 PM
ness got teched in his wrestle back and will now be going for 5th  :o teched 17-2

he MFF in the 5th place match, is he injured?  That would potentially explain a :45 second pin in the Semi's and the 17-2 tech that followed.
Proverbs 27:17

digimon

The Gophers did have a poor semi-final round, but look at the competition. A number of those losses were close mtaches. I wouldn't count out JRob's crew for one moment. The last two years they were beat earlier in duals and came back to be crowned Team Champions at the National Duals. Having Penn St, Okie St., Virginia, Cornell, and others at the Southern Scuffle made for a very competitive tourney. They will right the ship and go toe to toe with any D1 team in the country. They have proven that!