January

Started by CLC FAN, January 01, 2014, 06:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

As always, the Rocket Scramble will kick off January and separate the men from the boys as far as individuals go.  Oostburg, Kenosha Christian Life, and Southern Door look to challenge for the team title, but a lot of teams from our sectional will bring a few stud individuals.  Shiocton also has a few very high quality wrestlers; it will be interesting to see how the area teams fare against them.

CLC FAN

January Schedule

Thursday 1/2  Laconia @ CG   Laconia wins 52-21

Saturday 1/4  Rocket Scramble (Oo and CG)   Oo 2nd, CG 7th.  Katzer Oo 1st, Burmesch, Ebeling, Blok 2nd, Loomans & Rogers 3rd.  For CG Gjertson 2nd, I Brockmann 3rd

Tuesday 1/7   Oo @ Oz   Postponed

Friday 1/10  CG @ EL    CG wins 48-23
                RL @ Laconia   RL wins 49-6

Saturday 1/11  EL @ Plymouth Tournament  2-3 on the day.  Wins over Sheb. North & Milw. Pulaski.  Losses to Lomira, Plymouth, Brookfield C.
                    Oo @ New London Tournament  Oo 5th/11 teams... Rogers 1st, Blok 3rd, Loomans, Burmesch, Katzer, Hackl all 4th
                    Oz @ Merrill Tournament  Oz 8th/24 teams... Large 2nd, Co Kraus 2nd, Hughes 4th, Beckmann 5th, Gottsacker 6th, Wagner 7th

Tuesday 1/14  Oz @ CG   Oz wins 45-22
                    Sussex Hamilton @ Oo  Oo wins 51-21

Thursday 1/16  Brillion @ Oz  Oz wins 70-10

Friday 1/17   EL @ RL  RL wins 67-0

Saturday 1/18   CG @ Sheboygan Falls  I think I misread the CLC website.  Falls' varsity was at Sheboygan North, so this was a JV tourney?
                     EL @ Sheboygan North  EL 14th.  Bonebrake 4th, Perko 5th, Miller 6th, Trent Rebedew 8th
                     Oo @ Mishicot Duals  Oo 2nd.  Wins over Marshall, Martin Luther, West De Pere, New Berlin West.  Lost to Laconia
                     RL @ Campbellsport Duals  RL 1st.  5-0 against C-Sport, Wauk. S, Fond du Lac, Slinger, & Winneconne

Tuesday 1/21   St. Lawrence Sem @ EL  St. Lawrence Sem wins 42-28
                    Oo @ Sheboygan North  ??

Thursday 1/23   RL @ Oz  RL wins 48-16

Friday 1/24   CG @ Oo. Oo wins 36-25

Saturday 1/25 RL @ Wausau West Quad. RL beats Mosinee and Wausau West.  Loses to Menomonie.

Tuesday 1/28  North Fondy @ EL
                   Oz @ Kenosha Christian Life

Thursday 1/30  Sheboygan South @ CG    South wins 43-24
                    Oz @ EL   Oz wins 67-9 if I read hiptoss's summary correctly
                    Oo @ RL    RL wins 63-12

CLC FAN

The CG vs. EL dual looks like it was a good one.  It went 5-5 in wrestled matches, with CG benefitting from 4 forfeits.  CG with 14 in the lineup!  Good individual matchups:  Perko really handled A Brockmann 17-0.  I Brockmann won over Trevor Rebedew 7-0.  Bonebrake over Villareal 11-10  (sounds like a wild match!)  Krier bumps up to 182 and loses a close one to Miller.  Josh Winkleff returns for the Rockets at 220!  Josh was a really tough looking sophomore at about 195 two years ago - I don't know if he wrestled at all last year, but it looks like Trevor spun some magic and got him back!!  Good to see.

CLC FAN

Random Lake hammered Laconia, and there were some good matchups all the way along.  Right off the bat, Mason Lind (ranked #5 @ 160) bumped up to 170 and knocked off Risse (ranked #7 @ 170) by a 12-8 score.  At 195, Klein from RL (ranked #6) beat Diech (ranked #7) 8-6.  At 220, Lewis beat Moses with a last-minute TD and NF 6-1.  Moses is a very big 220 who placed top 6 I think at OTW.  HWT was the premier matchup of the night, as RL's Anklam (ranked #1) went up against Zimmerman (ranked #3).  Reed wrestled a very clean, aggressive match, scoring 5 TDs on his way to a 14-2 win.  Big night for the big fella as he put a little separation between him and the rest of the HWT field.  At 113, Kohn from RL (ranked #10) again handled Potter (HM) 20-6.  Last battle of ranked kids happened at 145, where Coffeen from Lacoina (ranked #5) made a first-period TD stand up for a 2-1 win over Behn (ranked #7)

CLC FAN

What were the results from Oz @ CG?  Can't find it in the Sheboygan Press or on trackwrestling  :(

Mtendolle10

According to the Cedar Grove Twitter feed it was 45-22, Ozaukee.

warriordad

Ozaukee beats Brillion 70 - 10 . Ozaukee received forfeits at 106 - 113 - and 132 .

CLC FAN

Oz did indeed beat CG 45-22... it is now on trackwrestling.  Both teams had 14 wrestlers, which is great to see.  Oz got wins from Chase Kraus, Watry, Colton Kraus, Large, Brouillette, Zichitella, Beckmann, Gottsacker, and Schuette.  CG got wins from Isaac Brockman, Villareal, Wenzel, Winkleff, and Gjertson.  Best matches of the night seemed to be Villareal over Hughes 5-4, Schuette over Matt Krier 4-3, and Winkleff over Klas 7-6.  Again, great to see both teams full!  And congrats to Oz on thumping Brillion tonight!

Gutwrench

Nice to see the EL win over Sheb North. 

CLC FAN

Anybody know results of the dual between CG and Oo?

warriordad

I don't know the score but I talked to coach Peterson yesterday and he told me Oostburg won a close one . It sounds like it came down to if Cedar Grove would have pinned in the last match they could have won .

hasbeen

CG needed to win 2 of the 3 the close matches but Oostburg won all three to take a 36-25 win. 106 Gasser over A. Brockman, 126 Burmesch over I. Brockman, & 170 Ebeling over Krier. All three exciting matches.

CLC FAN

Anybody have results of Oz vs EL?  Wish all duals were on track  :-\

hiptoss

106 Chase Kraus By major decision over Perko
113 Daniel Watry by forfeit
120 Trent Rebedew by pin over Wagner
126 Colton Kraus by forfeit
132 Cole Large by pin
138 Colin Hughes by tech fall over Shaw
145 Bonebrake by decision over Brouillette
152 Zichitella by forfeit
160 Beckmann by forfeit