Weight Help

Started by HMsDad, December 26, 2013, 06:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMsDad

Can anyone tell me how exactly this works?
Dec. 25th: 2 pounds
Feb. 1st: 1 pound
If this is right then for this weekends tournaments is 138 really 140? And Feb. 1st its 141?Are there any exceptions or anything I'm missing?

towelboy

Seriously?  Or even 106 becomes 108, then 109.

RockVikings

That is how the "growth allowance" works. Only other exception is an extra pound for back to back days of competition.

TomM

Best to get interpretation from the coach of your team.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

HMsDad

Thanks al. I have another year before my son has to worry about it. I was just curious of how it worked.

bigoil

Quote from: HMsDad on December 26, 2013, 08:46:22 AM
Thanks al. I have another year before my son has to worry about it. I was just curious of how it worked.
Exceptions come in when any team in the competition is wrestling the day prior to the event, then an additional 1 # is added. That obviously applies to 2 or 3 day wrestling tournaments as well.

crossface21

2 lbs after Dec 25 and another 1 lb after Feb 1.

From the WIAA Rule & Regulations for consecutive days of competition:

A maximum of 1 lb. allowance shall be granted for successive days of wrestling regardless of the number of successive events,
or number of schools involved. The WIAA three day State tournament will be the only exception.
Note: The WIAA three day tournament will not include any additional growth allowance beyond the traditional 1 lb. per day
unless the tournament is delayed or postponed due to weather.